Juvederm Ultra exactly 72 hours ago. Results look even? Swelling? Should I gently massage? (photos)

One full syring of JU 11/5. I have noticed light bumps and figured it was swelling. I have been using Arcania for swelling (works amazing) and Aquafor for some extra moisture. It seems as though the vermillion border on the right side is a little puffy but is stiff to the touch. Also found small lump in the lower left side but that's not stiff. I know there is limited time to work out bumps and wonder if this seems normal and if it looks well done. Super scared of having a botched procedure.

Lip injections

Bruising and swelling are common after lip injections and can take up to two weeks to resolve.  It is best to wait until after that time to evaluate your results.  Gentle massage to the area may help smooth the lumps. If after two weeks you still have concerns, return to your injector for an assessment.

Lips after filler

I would wait 2 weeks to fully evaluate how your lips look after swelling and bruising have subsided.  If you feel a small lump it may be difficult for you as a patient to differentiate a bruise from filler.  You could try some gentle massage to see if the bump resolves.  However, it is perfectly reasonable to follow up with your provider if you have any further concerns.  Enjoy your new lips!

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Juvederm Ultra Exactly 72 Hours Ago. Results Look Even? Swelling? Should I Gently Massage?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about your postprocedure appearance.  Please keep in mind that it will take 2 weeks to allow for normal postprocedure swelling to resolve and to see your final result.  I would suggest that you see your injector to be instructed on postprocedure massage to the areas of fullness.  If you continue to have any concerns about your final result at 2 weeks, please be sure to see your injector for an in-person reevaluation in order to best address your concerns and to determine the best course of action.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Still Swollen--Swelling after lip augmentation (Juvederm Restylane)

This looks like typical swelling which can last 1-2 weeks after your injections. I recommend waiting for final results.If you're unhappy with those results, you can have it reversed and try a different technique next time. Best, Dr. Emer

Lips uneven after Juvederm

I would sit tight still. It takes a while for small bumps to get better. Very gentle massage can help these. If there are still major concerns after 10-14 days, discuss with your provider. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm Ultra exactly 72 hours ago. Results look even? Swelling? Should I gently massage?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs and congratulations on your lip augmentation.  It is difficult to offer a true recommendation without being able to feel your lips but where your upper lip resembles swelling I would encourage some light massage to your lower lip lump.  Your injector can provide the best information and reassurance but filler results do take 2-3 weeks to mature over which time it softens and small bumps dissolve.  Hope this helps.

This is best managed by the person who did your injection as it is hard to tell from the photos what is swelling and what is injected product. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS