Is it possible to change the shape of the breast and obtain fullness on top without increasing cup size?

After a breast lift a few months ago... I am currently a 34 C. I am 5'4" and 125 pounds. I am thinking about implants to increase fullness on top and add a more rounded shape but do not want to increase my cup size to more than a full C or small D. Is this possible? There are so many different options in implants... not sure where to start??

Doctor Answers 8

Breast augmentation cup size

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Seek consultation from a board certified plastic surgeon. Depending on the look you are going for fat transfer to the breasts or a small implant may achieve your goals.

Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Candidate for a BA

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
 Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for

Any women desiring breast augmentation surgery is a candidate as long as there are no health problems present which would preclude her from having surgery. If the desired goal is to enhance or restore size and shape or to improve asymmetry, breast augmentation is a viable option. Breast augmentation can improve a body image, self-esteem, self-concept, and quality of life.
Ideal Candidates for Breast Augmentation
  • Desire larger, shapelier breasts.
  • Moderate degree of breast sag and smaller breasts, whose problem can be solved by enlargement.
  • One breast that is noticeably smaller or is positioned differently than the other (asymmetry).
  • Uneven chest wall or rib cage.
  • Women requiring breast reconstruction following a mastectomy.
  • Restore breast volume or shape following pregnancy, breast feeding and/or weight loss.

Is it possible to change the shape of the breast and obtain fullness on top without increasing cup size?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
 Iwould be helpful to review photos. But based on your description I believe you can have the upper pole of your breasts made fuller using fat transfer. This would not increase your cup size. I would recommend that you return to your surgeon to discuss your concern. Good luck!

Increasing Upper Pole Fullness

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you very much for your question.

Yes, there are options to increase upper pole fullness without making your breasts too much bigger.  A small implant placed under the muscle, or fat grafting to the upper pole, are both excellent options.

I recommend contacting your surgeon to discuss these options for you.  Best of luck!

Daniel Krochmal, MD
Chicago General Surgeon

Implant options

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

There are many shapes and sizes of implant available, as well as different cohesivity or level of firmness. For my patients who want to fill out the upper pole of their breasts or reduce the look of deflation without significantly  increasing the breast size, I recommend low and low plus projection implants. I recommend that you book a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options. They will measure you, discuss your aesthetic goals and let you know what your options are.

Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Fullness after breast lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
 if you're trying to just gain fullness in the upper pole there are really two choices. Fat grafting can just augment the upper pole without making the breast much larger. Breast implants, when placed under the breast have to be of a significant size and projection such that you will see them under the mass of breast that lies above them. Almost always, a breast implant will make the breast larger in size. Try to find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your region to discuss this with. Good luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS
Louisville Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 58 reviews

Breast size

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. In order to best answer your questions, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person assessment. That way, you can be assessed and find an option that fits your needs. 

All the best, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD
Toronto Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 521 reviews


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I would suggest starting with a consult with a board certified plastic surgeon and discussing all your concerns. During the consultation, you will be allowed to try on a variety of sizes to see what would work best with your frame and tissue.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 18 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.