IMFs too low for lift? (photos)

I was told by a plastic surgeon that my IMFs are too low to give the lift results that I want. How is this possible, if I want a perky appearance? I'd like my nipple placement to be slightly higher than dead center to achieve this perky appearance. Also, my left IMF needs to be lowered to match the right. Is this look attainable? I like where my IMFS are now, better than when they were higher before my Augmentation. My implants have been removed since.

Breast lift

From the photos you provided it appears that you are a good candidate for a breast lift. I would caution you against placing the nipple higher than the center of the breast because with time the nipples tend to rise as the breast changes with the effects of gravity. However, these concerns are best discussed in person. Good luck!

You will need raising of right IMF and not lowering

You will have a good result with breast lift. Right IMF needs to be raised. Remember you need higher breasts and not lower breasts.I see no issues in doing your breast lift.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast lift

Your IMF's are not usually changed in a lift and are never exactly the same to begin with. What your surgeon may have said is that your breast foundation may be set a bit low on your chest and the "perky" look where the breasts sit high on your chest is not likely going to be achievable. Certainly improvement and a lift can be performed.

IMFs too low for lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Breast Lift and IMF

A breast lift should allow for better symmetry and the IMF can be modified at the time of surgery.  I would recommend addressing differences in size and shape as well during the surgery.  Reducing the size of your breasts at the time of the breast lift will allow for a better long term result in my opinion.

James B. Lowe III, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

IMFs too low?

I think you look like a great candidate for a lift.  I would recommend that you try to raise the lower IMF to match the higher one rather than the other way around.  If you really want a perky look you might consider a small implant or some fat grafting to give you superior pole fullness.  A perky look is usually more than just nipple position.  A photo of your desired look would help determine if your goals are realistic.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon to examine you and give you another opinion if you weren't comfortable with the first person you saw.  Best wishes!

Maida Parkins, MD
Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift and Inframammary fold position

Thank you for your question.  From your pictures, you should do well with a breast lift.  Some lifting techniques allow the surgeon to reposition the fold, to a degree.  There may still be some minor asymmetry, but the overall improvement in breast shape more than compensates.  The key is to obtain a beautiful breast shape.  The exact position of the nipple is a matter of personal aesthetics, but avoid positioning the nipple/areola  too high or it may be visible in swim suits or low cut dresses.  Best of luck.

John Q. Cook, MD

Breast lift and IMF

You can still have a breast lift even though you have some asymmetry of your IMF position. You can't necessarily place both IMFs at the same location. It's normal to have some asymmetry both in size and shape of your breasts (that includes the IMF). Consult with a few plastic surgeons in person if you are still unclear about the surgical approach to your anatomy.
Best wishes,Dr.Bruno

William Bruno, MD

IMFs too low for lift?

Your inframammary folds are not too low for a lift, but I don't know if I completely understand what exactly it is that you want and whether that is attainable. Your breasts can certainly be lifted and made more perky, but placing the nipples higher on the breast mound will not make your breasts appear more perky than placing them in the center of the breast mound. Also, your IMF positions will not be significantly altered with a lift, only the amount of tissue above versus below the fold will change.

No such thing as IMF's too low for a lift

Thank you for your question and photographs.  In 27 years of practice I have never seen or heard of 'IMF's too low for a breast lift.'  Based on your photos, you appear to be a good candidate for a breast lift.  A slight adjustment can be made in your IMF's to make them more symmetric at the time of surgery.  I suspect that the surgeon you saw is either not board certified or very experienced.  Make sure that your surgeon is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is experienced with breast lift surgery.

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon