I would like a professional opinion, would working out and diet fix my belly or should I get a tummy tuck? (Photo)

I have 2 kids one was a cesarean. I am done having kids. I have been working out for 8 months, lost all my baby weight but have this belly pouch that I'm not happy with and stretch marks. I am happy to get a tummy tuck but if I knew for sure if I worked out harder and ate better I could loose all my belly fat and get my abs back I would do that but I feel like I've been working out and ive lost weight and can see a differance but my belly isn't going anywhere. Tummy tuck?

Do you need a TT?

Great work on exercising and dieting! Unfortunately, you will need a tummy tuck to get rid of stretch marks, to tighten the rectus muscles, and to remove the extra or loose skin. If you are at your goal weight, please see a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in tummy tucks so you can be properly evaluated for the correct procedure for you. Good luck!

I would like a professional opinion, would working out and diet fix my belly or should I get a tummy tuck?

Congratulations on losing weight and getting more fit. While more weight loss and exercising will continue to improve your appearance and strengthen your muscles, only a tummy tuck will remove the loose skin and tighten the stretched out muscles.

Tummy tuck

Yes you are a candidate for a TT. The skin loses elasticity and I am afraid you won't get  your abs back by exercising alone. I still recommend to lose a little bit of weight and then have a TT.
Then you ll get the look young people have when they spend countless hours in the gym!!!

Surgery or exercise

Exercise and diet control will help the fat melt away and tone your muscles. To get a "6 pack" look you will have to get your body fat percentage down into the mid teens. At about 15% body fat women start to see their 6 pack muscles show through. If you want to rid yourself of the loose skin, stretch marks, and maximally tighten your tummy a tummy tuck is better.

Full tummy tuck

From these photos you seem to be a great candidate for a full tummy tuck with liposuction of the waist. Definitely seek out a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in Body Contouring for a consultation. Be sure to express your expectations and goals to the surgeon your choose. Good luck, Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Stretch marks and pooch after babies- candidate for tummy tuck?

You appear to be an excellent candidate for a tummy tuck. If you have worked out religiously for 8 months and do not see any results, then surgery may be your option. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area and ask your questions in person. Best wishes.
Below is a fully healed tummy tuck in an athletic person. 

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Exercising and dieting is always good! However, after multiple pregnancies the abdominal wall muscles weaken or separate-- the only way to tighten it and remove extra skin from that area- is by undergoing an abdominoplasty ( Tummy Tuck). For more info - please read here:

Thank you for your question. you will need full tummy tuck plus liposuction both to be performed at once to get your desired results.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Tummy talk or go to the gym? Thank you for your question and your photographs

Thank you for your question and your photographs.  Like you, many women struggle to regain their abdominal shape after pregnancy.  The expanding baby in utero stretches out the lining of the mother's abdominal muscles during pregnancy.  This makes it impossible for some moms to regain their abdominal shape with exercise alone.  Once a mom is done having kids, a tummy tuck becomes a good option. 

But regardless, keep going to the gym.  Regular activity and exercise helps young mothers in many ways, and is more important than just abdominal appearance.  Regular exercise will make you stronger physically and mentally.

A tummy tuck with liposuction of the sides and back would produce a nice result in my opinion.