I want to get fat transfer to my lips and tear troughs, worth it?

I have hollow blue/purple tear troughs (I'm young, so it's due to thin skin and genetics) and I want bigger lips but I don't have the money to continually get fillers. Is fat transfer a good solution?

Fat injection is a good alternative to fillers

Fat injection is a good alternative to fillers because it is a more stable and long lasting way to improve contour. (Plus there is no risk of an allergic reaction when using your own fat.) I think fat injection for lip enhancment gives the softest, most natural result of any available method. Fat injection can also improve shadowy tear troughs, though the darker skin colour may persist to some extent.

Fat transfer is a wonderful option for addressing volume deficits in the tear troughs and lips, and can give long lasting results when done by an experienced face specialist. We perform numerous such procedures every month and as long as patients have the proper expectations for social downtime, they are extraordinarily happy with their results. Many, if not most, of our patients have not heard of fat transfer before they see us or our website, and are thrilled to know there is a more long - lasting option for volume augmentation /restoration. 
Hope that helps
Dr. Donath
P.S. The link below is a patient only 1 week out from fat transfer.  She is still a little swollen in the pictures. There are far more pictures on the site. 

Alexander Donath, MD, FACS
Cincinnati Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Grafting for Tear Troughs and Lips

Fat grafting is a very good option for improving tear troughs and enhancing lips.  Another good option may be to use Restylane or Juvederm first to see if the patient likes having fuller lips and the tear trough filled.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon