What going to happen to my tooth that crack the top off but still on? It starting to hurt. (photos)

What going to happen to my tooth that crack the top off but still on? It starting to hurt.

Traumatic dental injuries often occur in accidents or sports-related injuries. Chipped Teeth account for the majority of all dental injuries. Dislodged  or  Knocked-Out teeth are examples of less frequent, but more severe injuries. Treatment depends on the type, location and severity of each injury. Any dental injury, even if apparently mild, requires examination by a dentist immediately. Sometimes, neighboring teeth suffer an additional, unnoticed injury that will only be detected by a thorough dental exam.

Red Bank Dentist

Break off to Abscess are possible

It is probably going to break off soon. Simple bonding may be possible to treat it.  Additional treatment could be a veneer or crown. You should schedule an appointment for evaluation to assess the damage and obtain a treatment plan.  If you are having pain, the fracture could be into the nerve area of the tooth which is a serious condition that needs to be treated immediately.