What can I expect from an upper eyelid revision? (photos)

I had upper eyelid surgery 7 months ago. From the beginning, my incisions were asymmetrical. I realize most people have eyes that are not the same size. I've poured through decades of photos & my eyes were not noticeably different shapes/sizes. I'm considering a revision. I chose a reputable Dr.-He had a few unfavorable posts, but knew several people that had successful eyelid surgeries by him. I have had realistic expectations-but could be happier. Would a revision help open up my right eye?

You can achieve more symmetry with a revision to take off more skin on your right side.  You will have to go through another healing process but it will be worth it. You need to decide if you are comfortable with your current surgeon doing the revision. If you are this should be performed with no cost to you. Unfortunately if you are not comfortable you'll have to pay the next surgeon  for the revision. I hope this helps and best of luck!

Boston Oculoplastic Surgeon

What can I expect from an upper eyelid revision?

From your pictures, it looks like your doctor did a safe conservative blepharoplasty. There is more skin on the right eye than the left. This can be easily removed in the office under local anesthesia. This is no big deal. It is much better to be conservative and have to remove a small amount of skin as a revision, than to be too aggressive and have eyes that wont close because too much skin has been removed. Let your surgeon revise the right eye if it bothers you. Good luck. 

Robert Graper, MD
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Upper blepharoplasty asymmetry

Yes, a simple revision to the right upper lid would make your eyes more symmetrical. Speak with your PS, I'm sure he would correct this for you.

Upper eyelid asymmetry

You have a small asymmetry at 7 months.  A small skin excision and adjustment of the crease on the right should help to fix this.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid revision

From your photos it appears you have ptosis of your brow. You may need a forehead lift. It is hard to tell from just photos but an in person exam is needed. You do not want more skin excised and pull your brow down even further.

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon