Can a deep boxcar scar be filled in or removed completely? (Photo)

I have a deep boxcar scar on my cheek, below my eye, as a result of cystic acne. This scar has been impacting my self-confidence and I would like to see it gone. I am currently seeing a dermatologist and I'm just wondering what questions to ask him at my next appointment. Are there any methods that can be used to completely eliminate this scar? I've read up on tca cross and fillers like bellafill but I don't know what would be best or what is accessible to me (I'm 19). Please help!!!! :(

Scar

Hello. 

Scar can be improved with a small subcision procedure or dermal filler like Radiesse or Bellafill.

Minneapolis Physician

Can a deep boxcar be filled in?

Thank you for your question.  Acne scarring of all types can be distressing to patients and a host of different treatment options exist at improving their appearance, especially during episodes of different lighting and shadowing.  I would recommend first pursing a good skin care regimen with a retinol base to help improve your skin thickness and tone.  Then attempt subcision of the scar with a small placement of dermal fuller underneath the tissue to help lift the scar closer to the surrounding skin edges.  You can also use chemical peels of differing strengths to help improve the skin height discrepancy.  Hope this helps.

Acne Scarring -- Requires a Combination of Fractional Laser Resurfacing, Fillers Like Bellafill, Subcision and Eclipse Micropen

Fillers, lasers, subcision, punch excision and other combinations can be used to give improvement.  I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.