Is it possible to correct my loose / gaping vagina with vaginal rejuvenation? (photos)

Hello, my name is Sandra, 32. I never had any kids always had quite a loose vagina. My former boyfriend did enjoy this and during 10 years we even stretched it more using large dildo's and fisting. My new BF however does complain about me being loose. Enclosed some private pictures of my vaginal opening in different positions. Is it possible, looking at the pictures, to correct this via vagina rejuvenation? What would the cost be? Hope to read some advice here from doctors or patients Best, Sandra

Can be fixed

There are a number of things that can be done to improve the situation.   This may be able to be improved substantially through pelvic floor physiotherapy and strengthening of the muscles in the area.  Surgical treatment would involve tightening of the vaginal opening through a procedure called a posterior repair and perineoplasty.

This sort of procedure should be handled by a surgeon experienced in cosmetic and functional pelvic floor repair.  Our office in Portland, OR handles many cases like this, and offers very good pricing because of our work within our own physician owned outpatient surgical center.   A procedure like this would typically run $6000-$8000, including all costs (but travel and lodging, if appropriate). 

I would also encourage you to think about what YOU want with your body, rather than what your boyfriend wants.  But its worth repairing if you are looking to restore some of the function and appearance that was lost.

Vaginal rejuvenation

Based upon the pictures, I do not believe that conservative measures such as pelvic floor exercises or in office procedures like ThermiVa or Mona Lisa touch are going to give you the results that you desire in regards to vaginal tightening. Given the significant degree of vaginal looseness, a surgical vaginoplasty to tighten the internal vaginal muscles and vaginal opening would provide you with the best results. Please see my video below in regards to cost.

Treatment for vaginal looseness

Vaginal relaxation or looseness can occur without vaginal deliveries. This can occur from genetic factors as well as from dilation as you mentioned. Treatment ranges from pelvic floor physical therapy to vaginal rejuvenation surgery to tighten the muscles of the vagina. You can see before and after images of women who have undergone vaginal rejuvenation surgery at the link below. 

Vaginoplasty

The solution to your problem is a surgical one. Vaginoplasty. This is a tightening procedure done under anesthesia (IV or general) that closes down the size of the opening (aka introitus). Find a plastic surgeon or GYN who specializes in this type of surgery.

Vaginal Tightening

The best options would be to obtain a consultation with a physician who has subspecialty certification in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.  A good initial course of action would be start pelvic floor muscle therapy to strengthen some of the pelvic muscles and tissues around the vagina. There are special devices which give feed back while you exercise the vaginal muscles. The best non-invasive approach with zero downtime would be either the Mona Lisa or ThermiVa. If these two options do not work to your satisfaction you may want to consider surgery. But remember there are a lot of unknowns here.  You may lose sensation from the surgery or have excessive scaring that may reduce the quality of your and your partners sexual pleasure.

Vaginal Rejuvenation may be necessary

Thank you for your question and photos.  Given the extent of the stretching of your vagina, it is likely that you will need a surgical procedure to bring the vagina back to its original size and shape.  Have a consultation with a local gynecologist who specializes is cosmetics or Urogynecologist.  It appears you may at least need an extensive repair of the posterior aspect of the vagina with a bolstering of the perineum (perineoplasty).  Costs will vary depending on your location, but usually start at around $4000 depending on what needs to be done.
Good luck in your search!

Vaginal Rejuvenation

Although there is risk with any procedure there is very little risk of excessive scar tissue or desensitization with the FemiLift, Mona Lisa or ThermiVa devices. FemiLift™ and Mona Lisa™ procedures use CO2 laser technology and the ThermiVa™ uses RF (radiofrequency) to shrink vaginal tissue and increase lubrication if dryness is a problem. The tightening is often sufficient to improve or correct urinary stress incontinence and/or mild cystoceles. The procedure is done in office and requires little or no post procedure down time.
The advantages are :
  • Minimally invasive, virtually painless procedure
  • Gentle treatment for controlled safety and accuracy
  • Maximum precision with Alma CO2 laser, the right wavelength and perfect pulse
  • Fast and efficient delivery of fractionated laser energy split into micro pixels
  • No post treatment downtime
  • Excellent patient satisfaction and long term success The Disadvantage of the FemiLift and MonaLisa is that is is only for vaginal treatment whereas the ThermiVa RF device can be used to shrink the labia minora as well and is more comfortable. These procedures cannot narrow the vaginal canal as much as a vaginoplasty surgery
#vaginalrejuvenation
#vaginaltightening
#vaginoplasty

Options for a Tight Vagina

Hi Sandra,

For a woman who has never experienced a vaginal delivery you do appear to have significant vaginal relaxation, likely a result of genetics, large vibrators and fisting. In general, options include physical therapy, vaginal laser treatments such as MonaLisa Touch or Thermiva, or surgical correction with Vaginal Rejuvenation or vaginoplasty. A consultation with a specialist in this field could help guide your decision based on your desires, but if your goal is for your vagina to regain its original tightness you enjoyed prior to your Ex, surgery will likely be the most efficient choice to achieve your goal. The good news is you have many options to get to where you want to be. Cheers!

Pelvic muscle stretching

Hi, I'm sorry I didn't see this question earlier. If you haven't seen a specialist yet, I recommend seeing a Urogynecologist. The looseness that you are experiencing is due to severe stretching of your Pelvic floor muscles and vaginal skin. This can occur form strenuous activities aside from childbirth and can lead to progressive problems due to poor Pelvic floor support.
Although I do agree that you would greatly benefit from a structured pelvic floor training program, it is apparent that you would need a vaginoplasty to normalize the Pelvic floor musculature and caliber of the vagina if you wish to regain sensation and tightness of the vagina.
At our Urogynecological and Intimate Reconstructive Center, we provide comprehensive care including pelvic floor re-education, urogynecological and intimate aesthetic needs.

Peter Castillo, MD, FACOG
Bay Area Urogynecologist

Correction of loose vagina

Hi Sandra,

We've corresponded before personally.  Howareya?!  The answer is that a serious, good, long (6-12 months) progran of pelvic floor physical therapy with an APEX(tm) or IN-TONE(tm) device, utilizing vaginal balls (like Luna Beads(tm) plus working with a "pelvic floor physical therapist" may do the job without surgery.

It is worthwhie to be evaluated by a team that includes a pelvic floot specialist, like a urogynecologist of Gyn who specializes in these things, plus a pelvic floor P.T.  No harm done by trying this route for at least 6 months before contemplating surgery-- very well may work.  In any case, even if you go the surgical route, the P.T. is imperative to maintain results, as well as avoidance of what got you to this anatomic situation in the first place.

Additional advice (about the only "cheap thing in this whole affair..!): It pays to travel a bit to find just the right doc to work with you.  It's the only body you have.  Do your homewirk and search carrefully.  Only let an experienced expert in this type of vaginal tightening touch your special body!!

--Michael P Goodman MD