Is it possible to correct my loose / gaping vagina with vaginal rejuvenation? (photos)

Hello, my name is Sandra, 32. I never had any kids always had quite a loose vagina. My former boyfriend did enjoy this and during 10 years we even stretched it more using large dildo's and fisting. My new BF however does complain about me being loose. Enclosed some private pictures of my vaginal opening in different positions. Is it possible, looking at the pictures, to correct this via vagina rejuvenation? What would the cost be? Hope to read some advice here from doctors or patients Best, Sandra

Can be fixed

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are a number of things that can be done to improve the situation.   This may be able to be improved substantially through pelvic floor physiotherapy and strengthening of the muscles in the area.  Surgical treatment would involve tightening of the vaginal opening through a procedure called a posterior repair and perineoplasty.

This sort of procedure should be handled by a surgeon experienced in cosmetic and functional pelvic floor repair.  Our office in Portland, OR handles many cases like this, and offers very good pricing because of our work within our own physician owned outpatient surgical center.   A procedure like this would typically run $6000-$8000, including all costs (but travel and lodging, if appropriate). 

I would also encourage you to think about what YOU want with your body, rather than what your boyfriend wants.  But its worth repairing if you are looking to restore some of the function and appearance that was lost.

Vaginal rejuvenation

Based upon the pictures, I do not believe that conservative measures such as pelvic floor exercises or in office procedures like ThermiVa or Mona Lisa touch are going to give you the results that you desire in regards to vaginal tightening. Given the significant degree of vaginal looseness, a surgical vaginoplasty to tighten the internal vaginal muscles and vaginal opening would provide you with the best results. Please see my video below in regards to cost.

Treatment for vaginal looseness

Vaginal relaxation or looseness can occur without vaginal deliveries. This can occur from genetic factors as well as from dilation as you mentioned. Treatment ranges from pelvic floor physical therapy to vaginal rejuvenation surgery to tighten the muscles of the vagina. 

Vaginal Tightening

The best options would be to obtain a consultation with a physician who has subspecialty certification in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery.  A good initial course of action would be start pelvic floor muscle therapy to strengthen some of the pelvic muscles and tissues around the vagina. There are special devices which give feed back while you exercise the vaginal muscles. The best non-invasive approach with zero downtime would be either the Mona Lisa or ThermiVa. If these two options do not work to your satisfaction you may want to consider surgery. But remember there are a lot of unknowns here.  You may lose sensation from the surgery or have excessive scaring that may reduce the quality of your and your partners sexual pleasure.

Vaginal Rejuvenation may be necessary

Thank you for your question and photos.  Given the extent of the stretching of your vagina, it is likely that you will need a surgical procedure to bring the vagina back to its original size and shape.  Have a consultation with a local gynecologist who specializes is cosmetics or Urogynecologist.  It appears you may at least need an extensive repair of the posterior aspect of the vagina with a bolstering of the perineum (perineoplasty).  Costs will vary depending on your location, but usually start at around $4000 depending on what needs to be done.
Good luck in your search!

Vaginal Rejuvenation

Although there is risk with any procedure there is very little risk of excessive scar tissue or desensitization with the FemiLift, Mona Lisa or ThermiVa devices. FemiLift™ and Mona Lisa™ procedures use CO2 laser technology and the ThermiVa™ uses RF (radiofrequency) to shrink vaginal tissue and increase lubrication if dryness is a problem. The tightening is often sufficient to improve or correct urinary stress incontinence and/or mild cystoceles. The procedure is done in office and requires little or no post procedure down time.
The advantages are :
  • Minimally invasive, virtually painless procedure
  • Gentle treatment for controlled safety and accuracy
  • Maximum precision with Alma CO2 laser, the right wavelength and perfect pulse
  • Fast and efficient delivery of fractionated laser energy split into micro pixels
  • No post treatment downtime
  • Excellent patient satisfaction and long term success The Disadvantage of the FemiLift and MonaLisa is that is is only for vaginal treatment whereas the ThermiVa RF device can be used to shrink the labia minora as well and is more comfortable. These procedures cannot narrow the vaginal canal as much as a vaginoplasty surgery
#vaginalrejuvenation
#vaginaltightening
#vaginoplasty

Pelvic muscle stretching

Hi, I'm sorry I didn't see this question earlier. If you haven't seen a specialist yet, I recommend seeing a Urogynecologist. The looseness that you are experiencing is due to severe stretching of your Pelvic floor muscles and vaginal skin. This can occur form strenuous activities aside from childbirth and can lead to progressive problems due to poor Pelvic floor support.
Although I do agree that you would greatly benefit from a structured pelvic floor training program, it is apparent that you would need a vaginoplasty to normalize the Pelvic floor musculature and caliber of the vagina if you wish to regain sensation and tightness of the vagina.
At our Urogynecological and Intimate Reconstructive Center, we provide comprehensive care including pelvic floor re-education, urogynecological and intimate aesthetic needs.

Peter Castillo, MD, FACOG
Bay Area Urogynecologist

Don't expect results with noninvasive procedures

I see some excellent suggestions for surgical procedures and I thought it best to add a word of caution regarding nonsurgical procedures. They do seem appealing with limited cost and downtime, however, they are not designed to accommodate patients with your degree of laxity. Please consult with a qualified gynecologic surgeon in your area for advice.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Tightening a Loose Vagina

Almost everyone wants a tighter vagina and there are lots of ways to go about treating the problem - *but you should use the right procedure to treat your problems specifically.  

A full Surgical Vaginoplasty that requires tightening up muscles and removing extra tissue will typically be best for those with severe looseness but will require surgery and down time along with recovery time. 

Nowadays there are a host of nonsurgical treatment improve tightness really well and effectively.  There are lasers that tighten and produce scarring (collagen) after they blast little pinholes into the vaginal tissue.

I prefer ThermiVA which is a completely non invasive treatment that uses radiofrequency to heat up tissues and shrink them and induce a collagen reaction that thickens tissue too.  This treatment is applied to the surface of the skin and feels like a warm massage to almost everyone.  It requires three quick 30 minute sessions and absolutely no downtime.

Results with lasers and ThermiVA are not as dramatic as with surgery, but are more for those who either dont want surgery, dont want downtime (thermiVA is better for this) and want noticeable tightness. 

Hope this helps! And as always find a board certified Surgeon (certified in Plastic surgery or OB/Gyn in this case)  when you seek help!

Nikesh K. Patel, MD
Freehold Plastic Surgeon

Vaginal Rejuvenation

We use the Co2Re Intima for vaginal rejuventation which uses Co2 laser and is priced at 3800.00 for a package of 3 treatments. Each treatment is spaced 4 weeks apart. This results in remodeling of the tissue fibers thereby restoring flexibility and shape. Very effective with 92% reported satisfaction with treatment and would recommend it to anyone.