How would you compare Juvederm with Perlane for nasolabial fold? Does one last longer than the other?

Both Juvederm and Perlane are effective treatments for nasolabial lines.

Nasolabial folds, the lines that run from the nose to the corners of one’s mouth, can be effectively treated with either Juvéderm® or Perlane®. In general, Perlane® lasts about six months, while Juvéderm® Ultra can last up to nine months. However the longevity of a product is also determined by several other variables, including how much is injected, how deep the injection is and the quality of your skin. Ultimately the most important step for getting the best results is that you find a skilled, experienced injector in order to get optimal results.

How would you compare Juvederm with Perlane for nasolabial fold

The differences between Perlane and Juvederm are small. I tend to use Perlane for sharper nasolabial folds and Jupiter when the fold is a bit more shallow. Longevity is difficult to judge as everybody is a little different. I find that Perlane may be a tiny bit firmer and Juvederm which can allow for shaping in certain circumstances.

Juvederm vs Perlane

Thank you for the question. Perlane gives more volume than Juvederm. It is useful where significant augmentation or filling is required. Juvederm is useful for areas where less volume is needed. You should seek the advice of an expert injector in person who can perform a comprehensive evaluation. Good luck,

Nasolabial folds

Hello. Juvederm Ultra Plus has a similar duration to Perlane. I prefer Juvederm. In fact, I really like Volift, a newer type of Juvederm product for this area. The needle is smaller and I find the results are very natural, with less chance of bruising.

Gail Nield, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologist

Perlane versus Juvederm

Juvederm and Perlane most last a similar amount of time.  I prefer Juvederm for the nasolabial folds for the cosmetic effects for cosmetic reasons.  Best, Dr. Green

Juvederm and perlane

Both juvederm and perlane are good choices for nasolabial fold treatment. If you are going to use juvederm I would recommend the ultra plus because it is similar in duration as the perlane.

Perlane vs juvederm

I appreciate your question.
I have great results with both
Just know that perlane is more comparable to the juvederm voluma for cheek filling
Restylane is more comparable to juvederm ultra plus
To me it depends on how deep the wrinkles are
The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

How would you compare Juvederm with Perlane for nasolabial fold? Does one last longer than the other

Th Perlane will last as long as the Juvederm Ultra plus, but much longer than regular Juvederm. You have to look closely at the type of Juvederm being used to see what is longer lasting

Julio Garcia, MD

Juvederm vs Perlane

Both products are hyaluronic acids and have a gel like consistency, so they are soft and don't usually create a palpable lump.  There are differences of Juvederm and Perlane  are the particle size of the hyaluronic acids, the degree of cross linking between the hyaluronic acid molecules, and the thicknesss of the product.  Perlane lasts for about 6 months, Juvederm Ultra lasts for about 9 months and and Juvederm Ultra Plus lasts for about 12 months.  

There are several variables when looking at longevity of product.  How much product did you receive? Was it injected superficially or deep?  How thick is your skin and how full is your face?  Both fillers are "good" fillers for the nasolabial folds.  You will want to find someone that focuses on injecting fillers as the injector's skill is probably more important than your choice of these two fillers.

Craig B. Boswell, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon

Injectable Fillers for Naso-labial folds

Perlane, which is now called Restlyane-Lyft, is a firmer, longer lasting filler. It is an excellent choice to augment cheek bones.. Juvederm is less thick and is more suited for finer lines of the face or for plumping lips.

Nasolabial folds are caused by deflation of the mid-face.  Adding volume to the area of the cheek above the fold is a more natural way to correct the fold rather than injecting directly into the fold itself. I prefer using Perlane (Restylane-Lyft) to augment the cheek. If there is still a fine line left, then the Juvederm (or Restylane) can be used to treat the finer lines by injecting more superficially.

David Schlessinger, MD
Long Island Oculoplastic Surgeon