Avene and Retrinal .05 with Nu Derm 5 Blender a good combination?

I have melasma on my face and side of neck. I am 50 and just recently started to notice the spots and fine lines creeping in. Going to dermatologist for chemical peels and also bought Avene Retrinal .05 to use with the Obagi Nu Derm 5 blender. I have read that Blender is designed to use with a Retin A product , is the Retrinal enough to help the Blender do what it needs to do? I applied my first application last night but don't want to continue if I am not maximizing my products potential.

Melarase creams and Melapads for melasma

For melasma, I recommend Melarase AM, Melarase PM, Melapads, and Replenish cream. 

Dr. Karamanoukian

Los Angeles

Melasma and Sun Spots -- Best Treamtent Is Clear + Brilliant / Aerolase w Microneedling PRP, Pro Yellow is Useful

There is no "best" treatment for melasma, this is something that coms and goes and needs long term maintenance care with skin care products, lasers, microneedling/PRP. I suggest seeing an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.