Does additional Botox lift only tip of eye blow area (above nose) to help droopy eyelids?

I had Botox injected to my forehead and between eye blows for wrinkles by Board Certified Dermatologist 8 days ago. My eyelids (only toward nose area) became droopy next day, so I went back to my doctor 2 days ago. He prescribed eye drops and suggested to wait one more week and inject one additional each to above tip of my eye blows to create lift IF I wish. Can additional Botox lift only tip of eye blows? Your opinions are highly appreciated since I don't want to worsen the situation...

Does additional Botox lift only tip of eyebrow area to help droopy eyelids

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your results. It sounds as if some of your original Botox affected the eye muscle for lifting your upper eyelid, causing it to sag. Treatment for this is a set of eyedrops to stimulate another muscle to help lift your eyelid.  Botox to the inner corner of your eyebrow will help prevent a down-and-in motion of your eyebrow which may slightly elevate your eyebrow, but is unlikely to affect your eyelid.  Hope this helps.

Botox and lid droopiness....

Thank you for your question.  It sounds like you have ptosis of your eyelids from Botox a fairly common but readily treated side effect.  Typically we will treat this with iopidine (apraclonidine) eye drops which cause Muellers muscle to contract quickly and elevate the eyelid 1-3mm, countering the effect of the botox.  After your ptosis resolves you can follow up with your board certified Dermatologist to reevaluate and inquire if you need additional units of Botox injected, as yes it may be done to lift only the tips of the brows, but may not be necessary once the ptosis resolves.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and Drooping Eyelids and Uneven Brows

If botox caused your dropping eyes and brows this cannot be fixed until the botox wears off.  It will take a few months.  Keep using the eye drops to help for now. Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox at lateral brow can give you some lift

Using some Botox/Dysport/Xeomin at lateral brow can provide a little lift of that area. If you have already used enough to give it maximum lift, using more will not help. 

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox and Droop

It sounds like you have a droop from the Botox.  Sometimes a drop in that area of the eyebrow will help improve this situation.  Best, Dr. Green