5 days after labiaplasty and I've pulled a stitch out. Can anything be done?

5 days after my labiaplasty and I've pulled loose one stitch at the bottom of my labia. Is there anything that can be done at this point? Also I'm suffering from a yeast infection and being treated, but will it effect my healing?

La

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Labiaplasty

I would highly recommend contacting your surgeon for follow up care. As long as you don't have any bleeding you should be ok however your surgeon should be made aware.  Your yeast infection should have no impact on your healing. Be sure to go to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with extensive experience in this procedure for your Labiaplasty

A loose stitch after your labiaplasty is best left alone

I would recommend that you visit your surgeon to have the loose stitch removed. Do not attempt to remove it yourself as it may be holding other tissues together that may not be apparent.

Stitches pulled out 5 days post op

Thanks for the inquiry.  Usually at 5 days there is really nothing that can be done but not being your surgeon I would  highly recommend you reach out to your surgeon for advise.  I wish i could be more helpful...... best of luck with your healing.

Thank you for sharing your question. I would first reach out to your surgeon to discuss the stitch falling out.  They may wish to see you for an in-person exam to discuss wound care instructions and perhaps place you on greater activity restrictions.  In most cases the swelling that develops in the labial tissues after surgery prevents additional suture placement and your body will need to heal any separation from the inside-out.  Your surgeon can also assess your yeast infection to ensure that it does not further impair your healing.  Hope this helps.