I'm 25 year old mother. Which procedure would help improve my body? (Photo)

My main concern is my stomach, from about 2 inches above the hideous belly button, all the way to where my pelvic region begins. Probably due to significant weight loss during college, then gaining 75lbs during my pregnancy, then losing that in just a few short months. Also curious if I can "get away" with an implant without a lift on my breasts? What bothers most is they aren't as full as they once were, for example, I lay down flat and can pinch and raise the excess skin, which slowly deflates

Mommy makeover, tummy tuck and breast surgery

Weight loss and having children can really wreak havoc on the abdominal area.  Often times the abdominal muscles are stretched out and the skin has significant stretch marks.  With my patients in this scenario, an abdominoplasty is the best option since it will remove the bad stretched out skin and fix the abdominal muscles.  This gives a nice contoured waist and a low scar hidden below a bikini or underwear. 

Breasts can be a little trickier, but a good board certified plastic surgeon can also evaluate the skin quality to see how stretchy it is and to look a the nipple placement.  If the skin is of poor quality, then it may need to be excised for a breast lift or mastopexy. Adding a implant will increase the volume in breast augmention.  Many times, both augmentation and mastopexy are done simultaneously for a full and lifted result. 

Good luck!

Mommy Makeover

Hello, and thanks for the question. Your bellybutton is not hideous; it is a completely typical bellybutton after pregnancy. I would definitely recommend an abdominoplasty with muscle repair. You will have repaired rectus diastasis, a "new" bellybutton, narrower waist, and the excess skin will be removed. The tummy tuck incision is hipbone to hipbone, but can be very low, so you won't even see it in many panties and bikini bottoms.

I can't really tell in this photo which breast procedure you would benefit from most. I would recommend an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your goals. From the side, your nipple position looks great, so a small implant might be able to satisfy your goals, but again, it is hard to say with these images.

Best of luck to you!

A tummy tuck for sure! -- not sure about the breasts

A tummy tuck is certainly the fix for your belly.  As for the breasts, it's hard to tell from your photos.  Just "filling them up" with an implant can be disastrous.  You want them to be pretty, not just big!  Get a few opinions from ASAPS member surgeons in your area.  Be certain you are seeing surgeons board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgeons -- not just a "cosmetic surgery" board.  Good luck!

Robert S. Houser, DO
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

MMO

Full tummy tuck, Liposuction to abdomen, flanks and back and BBL if interested. Breast lift is needed, there is no way to good a good result only with implants.  

You are an excellent candidate for this procedures, and should get a really good result,as you mentioned your main concern is your abdominal area, you can also consider doing only the Tummy tuck and Liposuction and leave the breast for a second procedure.

Luis Eduardo Redondo, MD

Mommy Makeover - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question. Based upon your photos, you appear to be a candidate for mommy makeover surgery. The lower abdominal protrusion is likely a result of your muscles separating. Skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. The breasts could benefit from an implant. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Tummy tuck needed

For your tummy, a full tummy tuck is in order. This will tighten both the skin and muscles for the most complete rejuvenation. The stretch marks can't be completely removed, but this will get you back into a bikini. Make sure to see before and after photos to you can make sure your surgeon will keep your scar low under your bikini line and make a pretty, natural belly button. As far as the breasts, the photos are not revealing enough and best to see a surgeon in person as this can be a complex decision making process. I hope this helps, thank you for sharing!

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Assessing the best combination of operations as part of a mommy makeover.

You certainly would benefit from and abdominoplasty. Future pregnancy could substantially undo the benefit but is certainly possible. The amount of creepiness the breast is modest and I think a breast augmentation alone would adequately camouflage this.

Mommy make-over - what is needed

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

• If you aren't planning more children, then you need to have a tummy tuck.
  • No other procedure will help.
  • liposuction of the sides can be done at the same time.
  • As for a breast lift - it doesn't look as though you need one - a breast implant alone should be fine.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Mommy Makeover

Congratulations on your weight loss. I think you would benefit from an abdominoplasty to address both the extra skin and the potential muscle separation that may have occurred; flank (love handle) liposuction can also performed at the same time to optimize contouring. 

I usually recommend that patients decide that they are done having children prior to undergoing a tummy tuck - not that you couldn't have more children after this procedure, but many of the improvements (and skin/muscle tightening) you would have achieved could be undone with subsequent pregnancies. 

From the side view, your breasts don't appear to be droopy enough for a lift, but a formal examination with a boarded plastic surgeon would be better able to assess this. 

Best of luck

Ashley B. Robey, MD

I'm 25 year old mother. Which procedure would help improve my body?

Thank you for your question and series of photographs. I think you would be an excellent mommy makeover candidate to address your two major areas - breasts and stomach. Though the pictures of your breasts are limited it does appear that an augmentation alone could be performed without the need for a lift, but only an in-person examination can confirm this based on your desired goal appearance.  As far as your stomach, a full tummy tuck would help remove the most amount of excess skin and adipose tissue while allowing tightening of your muscles to help further enhance your results.  Before any elective aesthetic surgery I would be sure that you have finished with your family as any future pregnancies will negatively effect your outcomes.  Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person consultation and discussion of your desired results.