I'm 22 and I'm very self conscious of my side profile of my face and neck. Any suggestions on what to do to fix it? (Photos)

My neck and chin seem to connect together.

I'm 22 and I'm very self conscious of my side profile of my face and neck. Any suggestions on what to do to fix it?

Hello,Based on your photos, your anatomy looks good for what I call a mini-necklift, which is a combination of chin, cheek, and jowl liposuction, followed by platysmal plication all done under local anesthesia.  The results are a more well-defined jawline, better profile angle, and a more feminine frontal view.Sincerely,Dr. Malouf

Dallas Dermatologist

Submental liposuction

Submental (under the chin) liposuction works well in patients with excessive fat beneath the chin that is unresponsive to diet and weight loss AND good skin tone.  You appear to be a good candidate.

Ronald Friedman, MD
Plano Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction

It looks, based on your photo, that a simple neck liposuction would create a lot of improvement. That is a safe procedure that is done in local anesthesia with minimal recovery time and good, predictable result in young patients. You should seek a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation in facial/neck  rejuvenation and discuss your options. Good luck.

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Side profile

Looking at your photo liposuction of you neck would be a good procedure for you. Being young you should have good elasticity of your skin .

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Neck Liposuction

Thank you for your question. Based on your photos you would benefit from having some liposuction done to your neck. Neck liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure designed for patients who retain good elasticity in their skin, usually younger patients, and for whom a neck lift would be unnecessarily extensive. Neck liposuction is different than a neck lift; only extra fat is removed with liposuction, but many of the newer forms of ultrasonic liposuction can assist in significant skin tightening. No skin is removed, and as a result, there are fewer smaller scars than a neck lift. During the neck liposuction procedure, a small incision is made beneath the chin. The scar is extremely small and virtually undetectable as it is well hidden in the natural crease of the chin. There is little associated discomfort; bruising and swelling are minimal, and are further reduced by wearing a chin strap for the first week as much as possible, then at night for the next two weeks.

Neck Profile View

At age 22, and based on the photos, use of a surgical or nonsurgical treatment to eliminate subcutaneous fat could be considered. Surgical liposuction or nonsurgical injectable Kybella are options you could consider.  These options should be implemented with a healthy diet and exercise to maximize your outcome. 

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck liposuction candidate

The side profile demonstrates significant  fatty deposits in the neck. Liposuction can accomplish removal of these deposits, however it's important to be at your ideal body weight and then liposuction the diet resistant fat.

Full Neck

Thank you for your question. Your features are common and you have many options. I would see a surgeon who can do computer imaging. That way, you can see what is realistic to expect.There are nonsurgical and surgical options. Kybella is a new drug that can reduce the fat in the front of your neck to improve your profile.A simple surgery is to liposuction your neck and tighten your neck muscle. This would further improve your profile.Best wishes.

Greg Chernoff, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon