2 months post op Septoplasty and Rhinoplasty. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had a procedure done on my nose it will be 2 months in September on the 5th precise, I know that I have to wait a while to see any results. the surgeon who did my nose said to give it at least 3 months for the swelling to go down, I'm miserable because my nostrils are are uneven and I just want to know if there's anything that I can do to fix this now it's driving me crazy. My right nostril it's still numb and lower than the left, hopefully if there's anyone that can help me or give me advice.

Thank you for your question. Part of the numbness you are experiencing may be due to your eyeglasses. Even the slight pressure of eyeglasses each day over the duration of the 12 month recovery period can cause a slight depression in your nose. Please review your recovery instructions with your board certified facial surgeon.Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

2 months post rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question.  It is not uncommon to have swelling and possibly some asymmetries early in the post-rhinoplasty recovery phase.  It is usually six months before you will see the end results.  At that time, any concerns should be evaluated with your Facial Plastic Surgeon.  Best of luck!

Michael Sullivan, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty results

Sorry, but a rhinoplasty may take a year or longer to heal. Best to give it time to settle down. Good luck.

Thank you for your question and photographs.It is important to consult with your surgeon about any questions or concerns you may have so they can give you a physical examination. Your nose is still healing and changing, this will continue over the course of a year to year and a half. You probably still have some swelling which can cause the appearance of unevenness. It takes 6 months for 90% of the swelling to resolve after a rhinoplasty. During this waiting period, several treatment options can reduce the swelling. First, post-operative taping is imperative to decrease swelling and mold the shape of the nose. This can be performed for a minimum of 2 weeks with recommendations commonly for 3 months. Second, a short course of oral steroids (Medrol dose pack) can be beneficial in the early stages to decrease swelling and pain. Third, I commonly use a dilute solution of Kenalog with Marcaine to decrease swelling of the nasal tip. If after 12-18 months, you are still unhappy with your results, I would contact your surgeon or another board certified plastic surgeon for a revision.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely, James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Uneven nostrils

While nostril asymmetry is the most difficult area of asymmetry to correct, in most cases it can be improved during rhinoplasty.  While perfect symmetry is not attainable, improved symmetry usually is.However, you are still early in your recovery period and the nose is expected to be quite swollen at this point.The swelling during this time is rarely symmetric. One side will always resolve more quickly than the other. The majority of the swelling will resolve in 3-6 months, and will continue to resolve as your nose heals for up to 1-2 years. You have not reached your final shape as the nose will continue to heal and reduce in size for up to a year. Once it does reach its final shape you may be more pleased with the appearance of your nose.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

2 months post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity.
In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months.
To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you.
Kind regards, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD