Is it ok to do kegals excercise after vaginoplasty

Are Kegel exercises ok after vaginoplasty?

This is fine.  It would be a good idea to wait until you are healed and no longer in pain.  An easy way to know you are tightening the correct muscles is to tighten yourself the same way you would if you didn't want to  urinate or pass gas.

Kegals in Addition to Vaginoplasty

Yes. Female Genital Enhancement procedures along with exercises such as Kegles may maintain the muscle tone of the surgical areas. Aesthetic #Vaginoplasty, in many cases, can increase friction during intercourse, giving women more control of vaginal muscles, increasing sexual satisfaction, while also creating a more attractive and appealing appearance to the vaginal area.

Ms Mason

It is absolutely OK.  Please consult your surgeon or PT prior to beginning to make sure you are addressing the correct muscles for exercise.

John R Miklos MD
Cosmetic Vaginal Surgeon
Atlanta ~ Beverly Hills ~ Dubai

It's not only "OK," it is advisable to do Kegels exercises after vaginoplasty!

...But there are some caveats: 1. Wait until your surgeon clears you; I usually advise my patients to wait until I can guide them at their 5-6 week post-op checkup. 2. Make sure you're doing them effectively. Towards this end, out office covers an initial visit to a pelvic floor physical therapist for guidance, and we give all our patients either an APEX(tm) or a PeriCoach(tm) device, depending on their individual muscle strength after surgery. We also give our patients either a set of intra-vaginal weights or "Luna Beads(tm), a bit like Benwa balls. There is  no charge for these services and therapy, which is all part of our integrative perineoplasty/vaginoplasty fee. 3. We tell our patients that it's a good idea to gently begin using one of their intra-vaginal devices 1-2 weeks prior to resuming penetrative vaginal sex, as the devices give our patient a chance to realize the new angle of their vagina, new way to penetrate, and to again feel comfortable with an object n the vagina before re-encountering their lover's penis! 4. If possible, we'd really like our patients to begin pelvic floor exercises a month or more prior to surgery (not alway feasible...)

Best wishes for a successful recovery, long-lasting results, and superior sex!

Michael P Goodman MD
Davis, CA, USA

Absolutely okay! In fact, it is highly recommended. Some patients complain that the procedure was great at first but then the vagina stretched out again. This can be avoided by maintaining muscle tone within the vagina; i.e. with Kegels.

Robert L. True, MD
Grapevine OB/GYN

Kegalexercises, when?

you will not be able to exercise these muscles until at least 6 weeks, even if you wanted to--sutures last at least 9 weeks and there is too much pain. These muscles will actually atrophy post-op so you are thinking along the right lines.

When is it OK to resume kegel exercises after vaginoplasty

There is no official or standard time interval for resuming kegels after vaginoplasty. Only common sense. I advise my patients to resume kegels as soon as they are ready to resume sex. Usually 6-8 weeks. At this stage, inflammation is gone, healing is sufficiently advanced and the exercises should not provoke discomfort. Exercising too soon puts stress on the sutured muscle line and this might weaken the final result.