Can I fly 4 wks after a BBL?

Hi. I'm wondering if I can fly for 5 hr flight 4 1/2 wks after my BBL? I have a flight to Hawaii from SD after thanksgiving and was too late to upgrade to 1st class. Would that pose any problems?

Can I fly 4 wks after a BBL?

Flying 4 weeks after surgery is probably reasonable, provided you use a pillow to keep the pressure off of the buttocks while you are sitting.  It is always best to ask these questions of your chosen surgeon as recommendations may be different.

As below discuss this with your surgeon

Can you fly after BBL

You can fly after BBL just remember to shift your weight from buttocks cheek to the other cheek every hour. You should use a stop watch if you are worried.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

BBL

After a month, you should be fine to fly. I recommend to my patients that they do not sit on their bottoms for long periods of time for the first three weeks. The first week I do not recommend any sitting or pressure on the buttocks, days 8-14 the patient may sit up to 5 minutes two times per day.  Days 15-21 the patient may sit up to 9 minutes five times a day only then days 22 and beyond sitting is fine as long as the patient is comfortable. You can consider purchasing a BBL pillow for your flight to take pressure off of your buttocks if you would like and get up once every hour to walk around. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your recovery!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon

Can I fly 4 wks after a BBL?

Thank you for your question.  Discuss your concern with your surgeon since he/she knows the progress of your recovery and your medical history.  Good luck.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Can I fly 4 wks after a BBL?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well...  yes you can, always use your boopy pillow on the plane and walk during the flight. 

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Flying four weeks after a Brazilian

There should be a little if any risk of flying four weeks after any elective surgical procedure unless there is some complication or unusual sequelae or circumstance.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon