I have my mommy makeover scheduled in 30 days. Is it okay to get the flu shot?

Flu shot

Dr. Derby Sang

thank you for your question.

It would be a good idea, all though contact your PS, before you do or take anything.

best of luck.

Mommy Makeover /Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/Tummy Tuck/Liposuction/BBL

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you will be healing following surgery.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Flu shot before surgery

It's a great idea to get your flu shot well before your mommy makeover is scheduled.  Some people experience a little achiness and even a mild fever/chills after getting the vaccine, so taking care of your annual flu shot ahead of time is smart and good planning.

Best of luck and take care,

Dr. Lim

Angeline Lim, MD
Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Flu shot safety

Thank you for your question. Absolutely! Can't think of a reason not too. Hopefully it will help you avoid the flu this season. Good luck with your procedure. 

Jennifer Geoghegan, MD

Flu shot a month before a mommy make-over?

Thank you for asking about your mommy make-over.

Having your flu shot now should be fine but it is very important with any question about your surgery, to ask your own surgeon. S/he may know something about your health that we don't and can give you the best advice.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Flu Shot and Upcoming Operation

• Definitely, go ahead and get the flu shot.  This won't in any way affect your "mommy makeover" in one month.

Flu shot

Thanks for your question.  I can't think of any reason you shouldn't get your flu shot.  I suggest you ask your surgeon if you are still concerned.  Good luck with your procedure and recovery!

Jeffrey Umansky, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Flu shot

Absolutely, get the flu shot.  You don't want the flu during your recovery process. Good luck with the procedure. Jane