I had MOHS on my middle knuckle about 4-5 months ago.

After a callus started forming and due to incessant itching, he injected a shot of steroid into the callus on one side. The callus has gotten better on one side where he injected the steroid, but the knuckle is now always purple compared to the rest of my hand and quite noticeable. Is that normal? Will it always be like that?

Scar tissue

Scar tissue following Mohs on finger needs to be evaluated by your surgeon or a hand surgeon to insure it is healing properly. 

I recommend you to discuss specific issues regarding your questions with your dermatologist. 

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon