Why are my breasts so uneven, swollen and sticking out under my arms? (Photo)

And why are my nipples so low helllppp xx

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Breast augmentation recovery

It appears you are very early in your recovery from surgery.  It is common for the breasts to be swollen and misshapen after the procedure.  Slowly, over several weeks, the breasts will start to soften and the swelling will subside.  Try to be patient and listen to your surgeon's instructions about post operative care.

Camille Cash, MD

Implants riding high and nipples in the lower position.

I humbly request you to not be discouraged and know that you are not alone in feeling this. Large number of women experience differences in their breasts few days to few weeks after surgery and feel awful. After waiting for a few months, they finally get the results they were hoping for.

Implants initially sit high up because the chest muscles and surrounding breast tissues have not become accustomed to the implant resulting in tightness. You have to allow gravity to take effect, and overtime, natural tissue expansion will allow the implants to fall into place causing your breasts to appear more natural, softer, and rounder. Once that happens, the implant will sit directly behind the breast tissue in a natural 45:55 breast ratio, and the nipples will move up higher. Currently, there is excessive upper pole fullness (> 55:45), so in time, this will change.

Please note that it is not uncommon for breasts to heal and adapt to implants at different rates. In fact, the process I described above can occur quicker in one breast over another. The swelling is a normal outcome from surgery and it often becomes minimal by 4-6 weeks.

You may have to wait 3-6 months for the final results. So there is a lot of time for the “drop and fluff.” If the breasts still appear different at that point in time, then you may share your concerns with your surgeon and they should be able to fix the problem.

If any implant does not drop with time, then it may be the case that the muscle attachments or the inframammary fold attachments are really strong and they may be preventing the implant from dropping completely. You may require an IMF release in the future to symmetrize the breasts if it does not get better for time.

With persistent inward and downward breast massaging, along with pole wraps, the breasts drop.

Patience is key!

Please continue to have regular follow-ups with your surgeon to make sure your breasts are healing beautifully. Their recovery instructions should take precedence over all else you read here as they are better informed about your surgical details.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Why are my breasts so uneven, swollen

This is a normal early post surgical appearance for breast implants placed under the muscle.  Larger implants and tighter chest wall tissues will tend to exaggerate it... but over the next few weeks to months they can be expected to settle and soften, and gain a more natural appearance.  Close follow up with your plastic surgeon will help tremendously to ensure a great result for you.

Michel C. Samson, MD
Daytona Beach Plastic Surgeon

Drop & Fluff

Thank you for your question and photos. Believe it or not, this is what your breasts are expected to look like early post op. There is pressure in your swollen, tight tissues displacing implant volume up and outward, as well as swollen pectoral muscles contributing to the squared look. You can expect things to begin to relax around 2 weeks post op but the whole drop & fluff process will take between 2-6 months. Your breasts can be expected to look far different than they do now when the implants have settled. I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon so that they can advise you about what to expect throughout recovery.
All the best

Breast augmentation - result doesn't look right

Thank you for asking about your breast augmentation.
  • Your implants are under the muscle -
  • After the muscle is lifted up, it goes into spasm, forcing the implant higher.
  • It takes time for the implants to settle in place - sometimes days, sometimes months.
  • You may also have a somewhat large implant for a somewhat small chest, so until the implants settle they won't look right.
  • Let your surgeon know your concern and see her/him frequently to be sure your implants settle as they should.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Early post operative

You are in your early post operative phase after breast augmentation.  A pre operative photo would help but most likely you had a tight lower breast fold.  As the swelling goes down and the implant  settles, you will have an improvement of your breast shape.Best Wishes,nana mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Malpositioned breast implants

Hello little minx 420, I think you are in early post operative period. Wait for 3 or 4 months and if the shape is still unfavorable for you ask your doctor for some kind of correction. Good luck.

Ege Ozgentas, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon