How do I choose the best surgeon for my nose job? Price range? (photo)

I cannot emphasize the results I want is as NATURAL as possible!!!! I'm too scared to get surgery and end up with a barbie's nose! I see it done all the time! My background is spanish and middle eastern.

Choosing a Facial Plastic Surgeon for Your Nose Job

The best way to find a surgeon with whom you feel most comfortable moving forward for your rhinoplasty is to consult with at least three facial plastic surgeons in your area. Facial plastic surgeons specialize in cosmetic surgery above the neck, and thus usually have the most experience performing nose jobs. Always be sure to ask the surgeon you are consulting to see before-and-after photos of past patients, as prior work is the best indication of how your new nose will likely look. If natural results are important to you, do not be afraid to stress this to your doctor. He or she is working toward achieving the goal of your ideal image, and your input during this process is key. As for the price of a nose job, this is something that will also be disclosed during your consultation visit. Many patients choose to shop around for a surgeon whose cost is within their budget, but your ultimate decision should be based on the surgeon’s experience and expertise.

How do I choose the best surgeon for my nose job? Price range?

Hello! Thank you for your question. Consult with two or more surgeons who you are happy with their postoperative photographs and those who you, most importantly, feel comfortable and confident with. Use the opportunity to ask questions as well as visit with staff and investigate the accredited facilities they work out of.

Given qualifications and certification equal, you must decide for yourself who you are most comfortable with and confident with who will meet your goals and expectations. Cost may differ just on expertise and the aforementioned additional training and what that additional expertise training has afforded to his/her patients. Hope that this helps! Best wishes!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Your Potential Rhinoplasty

The “best” surgeon can be a challenging question to answer as rhinoplasty is a challenging procedure and different surgeons will have different experience and knowledge. Finding the right doctor to perform your nose job involves scheduling a few consultation appointments to meet the surgeons in person. It is important that you feel a connection with your doctor, that you feel comfortable in his or her care, and that you fully trust your surgeon to have your best intention in mind throughout the entire process.
The price of a nose job, can vary greatly depending on the complexity of your surgery, the necessary materials, your surgeon’s level of expertise, geographic location, and other the cost of anesthesia. 

Your Nose Job

Rhinoplasty is a complex surgery and to look for the best surgeon is challenging. Finding the correct doctor to perform your rhinoplasty involves scheduling and dedication. Find a doctor that you can fully trust to put your care onto. The price of the procedure can also differ based on the experience and expertise of your sugeon.

Miguel Delgado, MD

Choosing a Rhinoplasty Surgeon

Below is a list of pearls for choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon:

Experience- should perform this operation often, including revisions (several each week).  A plastic surgeon who specializes in procedures of only the face may be the best choice.  

Communication- both you and the surgeon should be able to clearly communicate your aesthetic goals. I find photo imaging is a very effective tool to enhance your ability to communicate.  This is especially true of an ethnic (spanish and middle eastern background) rhinoplasty.

Before-and-after photo gallery- make sure you are able to see pictures of patients with similar issues and how the surgeon addressed it.  

In my office the cost of a rhinoplasty is a little under 7K.  Although cost is obviously important it should never be the primary reason for choosing a surgeon, especially for rhinoplasty.

John Bitner, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty surgery is by far one of the most rewarding procedures I perform besides facelifts.  The procedure requires a skilled surgeon who has performed many rhinoplasty procedures.  Seek out a plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty and facial procedures.  

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

How do I choose the best surgeon for my nose job?

In general, the goal with rhinoplasty is to create a natural appearing nose that is in harmony with the face and complements the patient's facial features. It is important to choose a skilled and experienced specialist when looking to have rhinoplasty performed, as this will help ensure that you achieve a great looking and natural result. Look for board certification, credentials, a great amount of before and after photos showcasing the surgeon's result, and fantastic patient testimonials. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Best rhinoplasty surgeon

It's important to seek out a rhinoplasty surgeon That has extensive experience in the field rhinoplasty, and has performed thousands of rhinoplasty procedures in their career.  It is best to look at their before and after photo gallery,  ratings, reviews, testimonials and board certifications. Also important have computer imaging performed with clear communication between the patient and the surgeon about the specific changes to be made regarding your nose

Natural rhinoplasty results

I'm happy to hear that a natural result is your first consideration for rhinoplasty surgery.  In the end, rhinoplasty results come down to your goals as a patient, your surgeon's understanding of the relationship between aesthetics and function, and your surgeon's skill and experience as well as his/her overall approach to the operation.  I would recommend consultations with multiple board certified plastic surgeons who specialize in this operation.  Clearly delineate your goals to the surgeon, ask specific questions, request imaging, and do the research on the surgeon that you choose.  Good luck!

Scott K. Thompson, MD
Salt Lake City Facial Plastic Surgeon

How to Choose the Best Rhinoplasty Surgeon

Hi Night Owl,

The most important aspect of having a rhinoplasty is making sure that you take the time to do your due diligence in carefully choosing your rhinoplasty surgeon.  I advise patients to have multiple consultations and make sure that they feel that their prospective rhinoplasty surgeon fully understands their aesthetic goals.  See the video below for more information on choosing the best rhinoplasty surgeon for your surgery.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon