Will I Get To Choose What Size Implants I Want??

i am 5ft3 150 pounds and wear a 34 b or A sometimes i really want 700cc implants or 800cc implants and am wondering if i will get them i am sixteen but have a consultation coming up my age wont affect the size the doc will do right? and do you think i will be able to fit a 700 or 800cc implant?

Thank you for your question! You will have a very hard time finding a plastic surgeon operate on you if you are under 18.  If your looking for gel implants you have to be 21.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board Certified Plastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

What implant size should I chose is a very commonly asked question and of course very important. In general, size is best be determined during an in person consultation. The factors included in this determination can be chest size, amount of breast tissue initially present, skin elasticity, and of course, a patient’s expectations.

I will say that in general, one year post op, when women are asked if they like their size, do they wish they went larger or smaller, more than 50% of women will wish they went bigger. Just keep this in mind.

I do not do breast augmentation surgery on women less than 18 years old. 700 cc and 800 cc are huge. Beware.

At 16, you shouldn't be getting implants. It wouldn't be allowed in my area. You need to wait until you're at least 18.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Too young, too big.

At 16, your breasts are still developing. Hold off on any cosmetic breast surgery until you have stopped developing, typically 18 or 19 years of age. Given your photos, it is unlikely that you are an A or B cup breast. Have yourself sized at a department store and you may find you are quite a bit different than what you think. It is the rare patient where a 700 or 800cc implant looks good.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

I can't imagine any reputable plastic surgeon willing to use the implants you mention on someone your age.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

The bigger the implant the bigger the risk

From the looks of your picture, you have a fair amount of your own tissue and it looks like you may have a degree of ptosis (sag). This means you may also need a lift to center your tissue over your implants. Large implants and lifts done at the same time put you at increased risk for healing complications so you might need a staged procedure. Wait till you are a bit older and then get consultations from experienced plastic surgeons. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Be Careful What Size Breast Implants You Ask For

Thank you for your question. 650 cc to 700 cc breast implants are huge for a young woman of your size.

In my opinion reputable plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery will not want to place an implant that large into a young person like you. Furthermore at 16 you will need parental consent and you cannot have silicone gel implants into your 22.

An implant that size in your small frame is going to look very unnatural in my opinion.

Please consult a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and is experienced in breast augmentation surgery and go through the Mentor sizing system to see what various sized implants actually look like on your body frame and make a decision based on the advice of your expert surgeon.

The FDA requires patients to be 22yo for the new gummy bear implants, which are far superior to the old saline implants. In general, although I believe patients have the right to choose their implants, that seems too large for your size.

Donald W. Kress, MD, FACS
Frederick Plastic Surgeon