What is the hard tissue on the upper side of my nipple area? (Photo)

I had gynecomastia surgery 2 months ago by liposuction with glandular redution(bilateral). My first question is i feel of my right side some hard tissue which is upper of nipple area(mark area).what is this hard tissue? second question is why my right side is bigger then lift side?

Doctor Answers 2

Feeling of Hard Tissue Post-Op

BRUISING AND SWELLING: Bruising and swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. The compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will heal. NUMBNESS: It is normal to experience numbness around the areola and chest. As your body heals, you may notice random bursts of pain in your chest. This is usually a sign that the numbness is subsiding. LUMPINESS: As you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue.So, this could be a matter of swelling or lumpiness, or other hard tissue during the healing process. If you are feeling any discomfort or concern you should not hesitate to contact your surgeon for an appointment to have the area evaluated in person.

Orange County Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 109 reviews

Lump in chest after gynecomastia surgery

Congratulations on getting through the surgery - you look great!  The photos you have posted don't really show an obvious asymmetry.  Regarding the mass or lump that you feel, it's not uncommon to develop a little scar tissue within a few weeks or months of the surgery.  If this is something new since the surgery, it's probably scar tissue and will most likely melt away with a steroid injection such as Kenalog.  If it has been there since the surgery, it could be a little residual breast tissue or gland.  You should discuss this with your plastic surgeon.  Good luck.

George H. Pope, MD
Orlando Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 19 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.