Is it normal to feel like there is fluid in your implant at 7 months post-op?

Is it normal to feel like there is fluid in your implant at 7 months post op, my right one feels like it did at 2 weeks before all the fluid had absorbed in my body, I did start aerobics 3 days ago and I felt this feeling for 2 days now, is this something I should be concerned about,!im freaking out.

I assume that you do not have saline implants because the saline implants you can always feel the fluid within the implant.

If you have silicon gel implants he should not feel extra fluid around the implant at 7 months.  You may have a seroma or fluid accumulation and if so this needs to be investigated.  Please see her plastic surgeon for an examination and he or she will likely do an ultrasound to see if there is fluid in the pocket.  If there is fluid in the pocket at 7 months then further studies such as an MRI may be indicated.

Please follow-up with your surgeon

It would be hard to tell what the problem is, but if you are referring to swelling around the implants, it usually resolves in around 1-2 months. So there should be no swelling at 7 months post-op.

It is not likely, but the aerobics may have caused a tear in your natural capsule that forms around the implant or aggravated the implant pocket causing inflammation and fluid buildup.

All we can do is speculate and that is not good enough. This is why it is in your best interests to have an in-person follow-up with your surgeon. They should be able to provide assurance and clear any doubts that you may have.

Hope this helps.

Martin Jugenburg, MD