Crown need to be removed for an eventual implant because of the bone. No pain at this stage. What should I do? (photo)

I have a crown but the e xray shows that the bone is rotten (not sure of this is the right word). My dentist has suggested to remove it and eventually have an implant. At this stage I don't have any pain. Can I wait until the pain arrives or it could be worst and something could happen? Many thanks

Crown and implant

if the crown is rotten, you should remove it, and not to wait until it hurts, then you can consider based on the x ray, if an immediate placement of an implant can be set, or not. 
you can have this procedure done if everything is right, at the same time.
if you wait till it hurts provably will be too late, and you will have even infection.