I had BA 11 days ago, is it normal to have pain on one breast? I have 350cc under the muscle, memory gel smooth round (Photo)

My left breast feels tender to touch, feels heavy and been getting a sharp pain lately I don't have pain on my right breast at all, left breast seems larger now but before surgery were not symmetric either

More pain on one side.

It is NOT unusual for BA patients to have more pain on one side. This is more common if the patient had asymmetry...as you state you did. If you had rapid onset of pain and increase in size, see your PS immediately. However you describe a more gradual onset. Give your PS a call to be certain you are safe. Good luck and be well.

Vermont Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric pain

it is not uncommon to have more pain in one breast. However, if this is sudden and you are experiencing a change in size, it is best to consult with your plastic surgeon.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

I had BA 11 days ago, is it normal to have pain on one breast? I have 350cc implants under the muscle, memory gel smooth round

Thank you for your question.  Congratulations on your breast augmentation and at this early stage and results look excellent.

It is not uncommon to have more pain on one side especially if that side was smaller and more  work had to be done to accommodate the implant.

However it is always best to see her plastic surgeon for an examination and reassurance and not rely on Internet advice.

More pain on left, none on right.

Hello dianaglez. Congratulations on your breast augmentation. Having more pain on one side is completely normal as long as it is not excruciating.  As it is, it's way to early to say anything permanent about these breasts. It's going to be several months before your breast implants fully mature your breasts look more symmetrical. Talk to your PS about these concerns. Best wishes on your recovery! Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Post breast augmentation question

Hello dianaglez-
It appears that you are experiencing a very normal postoperative course. Pain in postop breasts are rarely symmetric and vary significantly. It can sometimes be sharp, dull, hot, cold, last a minute or days, etc., but it will gradually decrease in severity and frequency. You are looking great and should progress very well. Stay in touch with your surgeon. 
All the best.

Mark Anton, MD, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Pain

Thank you for the question and photo and it is not unusual to have more pain on one side then the other but if concerned contact your surgeon and get examined

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD