How much does it cost, generally speaking, for a breast augmentation revision with replacement implants? (Photo)

How much.....replacement implants of existing implants that are 20 years old?I've read that n waiting any length of time b4having a revision there's a significant chance of the pocket closing up so I immediately began to"stuff my bra" trying to help maintain this pocket. Lifting the breast as much as i can i place a sock under the underside of my breast so its sitting atop& the fullness of my breast actually does shift to the top& then I put on snug fitting sports bra will this help?

Breast Implant Revision/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

How much does it cost, generally speaking, for a breast augmentation revision with replacement implants?

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that additional revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Remove and Replace Costs

Thank you for reaching out and posting photos! As stated by other surgeons, costs will vary from surgeon to surgeon and depend on various factors. An in person consultation will be the best way to get pricing. We would be more than happy to see you for a free consultation in our Newport Beach or Mission Viejo office to go over all of your option and any questions you may have! Best of Luck! Dr. Kachenmeister

Robert M. Kachenmeister, MD

Costs will vary widely from surgeon to surgeon

and if you were in Redding, it would run you around $5700 (saline) and go up, depending on what else may have to be done to achieve the results you desire.  You can always do a SKYPE consultation if you wish to get more firm numbers.

Curtis Wong, MD

Approximate Cost of a Breast Augmentation Revision with Replacement Implants

The #costs of #BreastAugmentation and #revisions are contingent on several factors. Such as geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees. Also, different breast implants may have different costs. The approximate costs can be found here on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.
Moreover, your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. I suggest you view before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

Breast augmentation revision cost

The cost for breast augmetnation revision can only be determined following an examination; there are many factors involved which can vary the price from 8 to 12K. Please see examples of breast implant exchange and simultaneous breast lift below.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Implant deflation

You will probably get the best rate if you return to your original surgeon.  You are correct that the sooner you replace the implant, the less chance there is of the pocket closing up a bit.  The cost will vary considerably especially if you need both implants replaced or just one or if you get a lift.

Ronald J. Edelson, MD

Revision breast surgery and costs

Hello and thank you for your question. Without an in-person examination, it is difficult to give you accurate advice or a price estimate. Remember that surgery prices include 1) surgeon's fees, 2) anesthesiologist's fees, and 3) facility fees. #'2 and 3 on that list depend on time needed in the OR, so the longer your surgery, the more you pay. Board certified anesthesiologists will cost more than a nurse anesthetist, but they are also safer. The same goes for costs associated with using a hospital or a highly accredited surgery center versus someone's back office for procedures. In essence, you get what you pay for.

With respect to breast implant exchange, possibly needing a lift, etc, different surgeons may charge different amounts to achieve the work you desire or have different plans depending on how they wish to deliver the results you desire. Many high end plastic surgery practices offer credit and finance options for their patients. The ones I am familiar with are Alphaeon credit and Care Credit and offer the following:

1) 0% interest plans for 6-12 months

2) budget pay plans (like a gym membership) starting at $199/month: you pay this until it is paid off;
you can pay more each month to pay off faster

3) traditional type loan where you have an agreement over 2-3 years.

It is important to get such an important surgery performed by a board certified plastic surgeon with expertise in revision breast surgery techniques. You don't want to go to the "cheapest" surgeon, as in many cases, you get what you pay for. But it is important to get a good value for your money. Make sure to check your surgeon's online reviews, see if they have a strong following on instagram/facebook/etc to see if they are credible, and ask their staff about how happy their patients are and if they have any that would be willing to talk to you. I hope this helps and best of luck to you!

Sincerely,

Dr. Sean Kelishadi

Sean Kelishadi, MD

Hi and  thanks for your question. The cost depends upon what type of lift is required, type of implant, and experience of the plastic surgeon. The most experienced plastic surgeons are more expensive but worth a consultation for your comparison. It's my best advice after decades of experience in aesthetic plastic surgery. Good luck!

Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICS

Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Deflated saline implant.

Your "sock" approach won't help prevent the pocket from closing with time.  I recommend having the surgery as close to within two weeks of the deflation as possible, however for most, reopening a shrunken pocket is not that large a procedure.  Costs will vary depending upon the location of the office, skill, experience of the surgeon and the type of implant that is being placed.  Perhaps it's a good time for you to consider replacement with cohesive silicone gel implants?  Discuss options with your selected surgeon after you have found a Bd Certified surgeon who inspires your confidence.  Regards,

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD