Is the bruising and the swelling in my feet and legs normal? 1 week post op (Photo)

Bruising & Swelling after a BBL

Hello, I appreciate the time you are spending researching this procedure.  

I recommend contacting your surgeon.  He/she is your best resource and also knows exactly what areas had surgery performed.  

If you have any further questions/comments/concerns please reach out.  Otherwise, I wish you the best of luck!

Sincerely, 

Matthew J. Nykiel MD
Real Self Top Doctor
Real Self Core Doctor
Butt Augmentation Specialist

Swelling is common after surgery but you should contact your surgeon since he/she performed the procedure, knows the areas that were liposuctioned, and is familiar with your medical history. 

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Swelling after BBL

I would encourage you to see your surgeon today. Show him/her the swelling in person as your surgeon examined you beforehand and is the only who knows how much fluid you received during surgery. best wishes.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Swelling after surgery

Some swelling after surgery is common.

Based on what you describe I suggest seeing your doctor in person.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

Bruising and swelling in leg normal

Swelling in one leg more than another is always a concern as it can be indicative of a leg vein thrombosis which can be an emegency. If your calf on that side is tender this would be even more concerning. You should really follow up with your surgeon to ensure that this is expected operative swelling and not a more serious condition.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Is the bruising and the swelling in my feet and legs normal? 1 week post op

Some bruising and swelling is to be expected after surgery.  Any marked swelling that is associated with pain should be evaluated for blood clot as well.  This has to be determined by your surgeon,  and I would always rather my patients email me or call me than ask someone else.  You should always contact your surgeon about preoperative and postoperative instructions and concerns.  Surgery and the recovery period is a complex interaction of what was performed and how your body reacts.  There are not going to be easy answers to this online, because there is not enough known to make an intelligent recommendation.  I make myself available to my patients  by email and phone both before and after surgery for this very reason.   This does answer the question.

Swelling and feet and legs

Thank you for your question. I recommend calling your plastic surgeon to schedule a visit so that they can perform a complete in-person exam. Unless you had liposuction of those areas I would not expect swelling and bruising of your feet and legs. Sometimes if your compression garment is too tight it can stop the venous outflow of your legs. Sometimes you can develop small clots in the veins of your lower extremities. I'd recommend seeing your surgeon soon so you can get evaluated. 

Surjit S. Rai, MD

Surjit S. Rai, MD
Dallas Physician