I had breast reduction 3 yes ago and the scars look bumpy and very dark color, can I do the Fraxel RE-pair laser.

Examination needed - Fraxel RePair may not be the best laser

Yes, you can, however if it is lumpy and bumpy, I like using injections. If I were to use a laser (CO2), I prefer another type - see video. Sometimes I use a Co2 fractional plus drip steroid under occlusion in the one sitting. An examination is critical as to the best advice. Cheers, Dr Davin Lim 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Scars after Breast Reduction

There are many lasers all of which are designed to treat different aspects of objectionable scars from shape to color or texture. See a very experienced physician who does laser treatments, either a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Good luck.

Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

Breast Scar Repair

Hello NGAM.  Fraxel Repair is certainly one possibility.  A key question is if there remains any hard scar tissue.  If the bumpiness is due to hard scar tissue, then this would need to be softened first with Kenalog injections (or another steroid).   Once the scars have been softened and the bumpiness removed, you may or may not need fractional resurfacing.  If the concern is color, we would use q-switched lasers for dark colored scars and pulsed dye lasers for red scars.  If the texture is the main concern, then we would reach for the Sciton Profractional laser.

To see examples of laser scar revision procedures in our Orange County office, click on the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD