Can this mole be removed without any noticeable scar left behind? (photos)

Mole on the face

Thank you for your question.  The mole on your face looks normal and could be considered a beauty mark.  There is no guarantee that the mole could be removed without a noticeable scar.  If the scars on your body typically heal well with minimal visibility then there is a good chance a scar on your face would be minimal also.  Once a mole is removed the area is pink for about 4 months and the scar will slowly remodel over the next year.  I believe you would heal well but there are no guarantees.  I wish you the best!

San Diego Dermatologist

Cosmetic Mole Removal -- Lasers, Radiowave, Shave -- See an Expert

Moles always leave scars but do best with shave excisions and laser treatments. I suggest you see an expert for treatment options.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Scar

Unless the mole is very superficial, a small scar will heal in the area after the mole is removed. However, it will probably look better than the dark mole. I would suggest finding a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon