I have a incisional eyelid surgery 3yrs ago. I don't like the looks, not natural . What should I do? (photos)

Doctor Answers 5

Scar revision

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

It does appear that scar revision surgery would be helpful in correcting the problem.  There seems to be more than a normal amount of scar tissue which is a little surprising.  Eyelid skin is very thin and usually heals very well.  This could possibly be done under local anesthesia with minimal downtime.

Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Scar revision to the upper eyelids

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for the question. It appears, based on your photographs, that a scar revision to the upper eyelids will help with placement of the scar and the shape of  themes. Seek a board certified plastic surgeon or oculoplastic surgeon for best results. Best of luck to you...

These eyelids can be revised.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
However, not every surgeon is as good at revising an eyelid to make it more beautiful.  For that reason, choosing the right surgeon for this is the most difficult task.

Kenneth D. Steinsapir, MD
Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 26 reviews

Unhappy with the results following blepharoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for sharing your question. It is not possible to evaluate your problem from the provided photo. See an experienced eyelid specialist (oculoplastic surgeon) in person for comprehensive evaluation and guidance on treatment. 
Good luck,


{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thank you for your question. I cannot detect the unnaturalness in your eyelids based on this picture, however, the patient's happiness with their procedure is of chief important. For that reason, I suggest that you consult with the board certified facial plastic surgeon who performed your procedure to determine the cause of the unnaturalness and your unhappiness. You can always discuss a revision surgery with a board certified facial plastic surgeon.

Best wishes,

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.7 out of 5 stars 124 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.