How should I close this Diastema? (photos)

31, Female, never had braces. Should I get the frenectomy done before or after braces treatment is complete? Will the tissue stop the gap from closing? Also, there was a shift in my jaw a couple years ago that resulted in an overbite. My dentist suggests that I have 2 teeth pulled to make room on my lower jaw but I don't understand why. I am considering the self-ligating on the top row & traditional metal on the bottom. I have 2 wisdom teeth on top but none at the bottom. Any suggestions?

Its important to remove the frenum and the extra tissue while treatment is starting with orthodontics.I recommend for you to see a provider who is familiar and has experience using dental lasers, as it can be a very  comfortable and quick experience using the laser technology vs traditional methods.

Los Angeles Dentist