Creasing After Gynecomastia Surgery (6 weeks post-op), What Could Be Causing This? (photos)

It was been 6 weeks since I performed my gynecomastia surgery and creasing has began to occur on the right side of my chest. There is a small lump that has developed on the bottom part of my right nipple, and so the entire shape of my chest is beginning to look weird. This was not the case right when I just finished having the surgery performed on me, so what could be causing this? *There is a buildup of liquid in my left breast and I am draining it on a regular basis

6 Weeks After After Gynecomastia Surgery

It's still quite early into your healing stage and its not uncommon for each side to differ as each breast heals quite different from one another. Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely.

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.
Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Creasing after gynecomastia surgery, what could be causing this?

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph.  I see your areas of concern and it appears that too much glandular tissue was removed from behind your nipple, areola, and chest skin causing them to become tethered to the underlying muscle.  I would discuss these results with your surgeon and start aggressive massage therapy to try and prevent this from becoming a permanent issue.  Hope this helps.