Should I get chin surgery? (photo)

Hello I'm 15 years old and I've gotten an asymmetrical chin would you recomend for me to get a chin surgery? And if I do which type of surgery would be the best option? Thanks

Doctor Answers 1

Let your face finish growing

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
While it is likely the case that your face is done growing, the last bone to finish growing is the lower jaw (mandible), so I encourage you to wait another year or 2.  You likely have asymmetries of both your lower and upper jaw.  You should consider a consultation with an orthodontist and oral-maxillofacial surgeon who specializes in such facial asymmetries, but when the time comes, there are some relatively simple procedures that help give the appearance of straightening your chin without getting to involved (implants, genioplasty, etc.).

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.