Chin Reduction Surgery or Surgery for an Underbite?

When i'm not smiling, even from the side view (don't have a picture) my chin/jaw is not prominent.. so that is why i'm wondering IF I need to get jaw surgery for an underbite or not. If not, is it chin reduction I need.. To get rid of that fleshy witchy look? I feel like my smile is crooked and has extra skin/tissue to it. Chin reduction soft tissue OR jaw surgery!? What kind of doctor should I go to! PLEASE HELP!

Doctor Answers 1

Chin reductions are not easy

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Chin augmentation is easy but reduction is not as easy.  Go to a plastic surgeon who does craniomaxillofacial surgery for an exam.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.