What's the cost of a chin reduction, and are there any risks? (Photo)

I'm sure more than half my life I've hated my chin and the comments on it. I cant stand it, I have a butt chin and its also out-there and needs to be tamed. Although I don't know the prices and ALL the risk of getting this procedure done. I just want to know if its worth it because this would be a boost in just everyday life. Thank you!

Cost of a chin implant?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Cost factors vary significantly for a number of good reasons: Prices vary greatly because the surgery itself encompasses a wide range of techniques that can be performed to different extents. My recommendation is to first find the most qualified surgeons where you want the surgery performed that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery you trust, then compare prices between them. See the below link on suggestions on how to find the most qualified plastic surgeon for your procedure. General Factors that influence the price of plastic surgery include:

1. Location - Will it be performed in a hospital with an overnight stay, an independent out- patient facility or a doctor’s office? Geographical location also has a significant influence. RealSelf has average charges for most areas of the USA.

2. Type of Anesthesia - local, IV sedation or General Anesthesia? Will a board certified anesthesiologist, nurse anesthetist, or an RN be used?            3. Experience and training of your surgeon. The best and longest trained is most often a plastic surgeon board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery           4. Length and Complexity of Surgery - how difficult will your surgery be and how long it will take, etc. Will other complementary procedures also be also performed during the same surgery?

Large chin

You can make the chin smaller by removal of some of the bone.  However, it can lead to some bunching of soft tissue under the chin that may require removal.   Obtain a consultation with an experienced surgeon.

John Frodel, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon