Would chin implants look good on me? (Photo)

Hi I hate my profile view! does it look like I have a weak chin?

Candidate for Chin Implant

It is necessary to get a proper examination done by a board accredited plastic surgeon. After observing your pictures you could be a candidate for chin augmentation. Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. Chin augmentation most often is used to restore balance to the face due to a weak chin (under-projecting in profile). This disproportion of facial structure—having a small chin—tends to make the nose look larger and results in a poor jaw/neckline. As it doesn’t support the neck skin, often it causes skin to hang down from the upper neck and can lead eventually to a “turkey waddle” deformity. Chin implants can also create a wider, stronger chin. They can also be used to lengthen the face slightly.

It is a very simple outpatient procedure typically done in the plastic surgeon’s office or in a surgery center. It is usually done under local anesthesia with oral sedation or intravenous sedation, but can be done under general anesthesia if requested.

It is very important to select a highly-skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon, such as one of our doctors, to aid you in selecting the implants and insertion methods that will give you the best possible result.

#chinaugmentation
#chinimplant

Will chin implant improve my profile

I cannot advise a chin implant based on this photo alone. It suggests that your nose, mouth and chin are in good alignment. Making a chin too large in a woman creates a heavy face, not a feminine look.

I suggest you have a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a detailed analysis before having a chin implant. Liposuction under the chin will help to define the jaw. 

Chin implant look good on me?

Hello and thank you for your question.
Basing this solely on your photo, you may be a candidate for a chin implant, and perhaps some liposuction under the chin if you so desired. You really do need to be seen in person though for an accurate assessment. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of Luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Would chin implants look good on me?

Looking at your photo, it appears that a chin implant would improve the appearance of your profile. In general, a chin implant will do the following:

1) Enhance the jawline
2) Complement the features of the face

I would recommend a consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. He or she may use computer imaging software to morph a photo of you. This will give you an idea of how the final result of surgery may appear. Patients are generally very pleased with the results of a chin augmentation, and find that it balances their profile nicely. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Chin implant and neck liposuction may improve your profile

Thank you for your question. Based on your photo a chin implant and laser liposuction of the neck area should improve your profile. For more information read the following link:

Would chin implants look good on me?

These are very personal decisions. My guess is yes a chin implant could improve your profiled appearance. Also SmartLipo and ThermiTight RF/ThermiSmooth RF would tighten the sub mental area... 

Chin Augmentation Candidate

Dear Ella, It does appear you would be a good candidate for chin augmentation. An examination and digital imaging will help to define what type of implant would work best for your facial aesthetics. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Female Chin Augmentation

It does appear that you have a mildly recessive chin. But I would do some computer imaging next to determine of any further horizontal projection provides an aesthetic improvement. I would also not overlook the front view of the chin to determine if it needs to be somewhat wider or more narrow as that will influence what chin augmentation technique might produce the most pleasing result.

Chin implant candidate

The photograph shows a week and recessive chin  profile. A chin implant can be inserted through a sub mental approach under local anesthesia to augment the weak chin profile. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes which is always best determined at the time of the consultation and examination. For more information and many examples, please see the link below

Chin Augmentation

It appears that you would be a good candidate for chin augmentation.  Please consult with a board certified specialist who can assist you with achieving the results you seek. 3-dimensional computer imaging can also help you visualize what you may look like afterwards and serve as a good way to communicate with your doctor.

Kimberly Lee, MD