Do I need a chin implant?

I'm looking for a more defined jawline! I have a double chin but I'm not sure if I just need to do something with that or would a chin implant help? I have a really round face and I think my chin is weak but I'm not sure which procedure I need!

Possible chin implant

Based on your photos, I would say that you appear to be a good candidate for a chin implant as well as liposuction under your chin.  Both of these procedures would help to give you more definition to your chin and neck.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a chin implant?

No one needs a chin implant, so only the patient can answer that question. From the limited photographs, it appears that there's a weak and recessive chin profile. Placement of a chin implant will help bring the mandible forward to help with facial balance and proportions. Chin implants are manufactured in a large variety of sizes and shapes, and are usually placed through an incision underneath the chin under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. For more information, diagrams of the implants and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Do I need a chin implant?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using chin implants for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak and there is some excess fat below the chin.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  The fat can be removed with liposuction at the same time.

Hope this helps.

Do you need a chin implant?

Without an exam your question cannot be answered.  You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision: Candidates for Chin Augmentation - Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation

Jawline

Ideally you would have a skiing genioplasty (since you need vertical chin length as well as projection, submental liposuction and small vertical lengthening jaw angle implants. This is the most comprehensive approach to getting a more defined jawline and derounding your face.