No Results on Chin After Chin Implants, Buccal Pad Removal and Neck Lipo?

I got a chin implant, buccal pad removal, & neck lipo about 15 hrs ago. Even though my face is cocooned in a huge head wrapping, i cant see a difference in my chin at all. Is this normal? Could it be due to all the swelling my cheeks & lips. Also my right lower lip seems paralyzed when i try to smile. I was aware this could happen but could it get ANY better within two weeks? Thanks! (17 yr old girl, 117 lbs. Did ths to give my face a more defined slim look)

Chin implant removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Chin Implant removal information/and considerations: For the vast majority of chin implants, removal is straight  forward most commonly using the  same incision that was used to place it. The procedure is often done in the office with local anesthesia with or without some sedation, but also commonly done in the OR under IV sedation or general anesthesia per patient's and surgeon's preference.  Most implants are silicone and are not adherent so slip out readily. Medpor, also called PTFE, may have tissue ingrowth and can be a bit more involved but still can be removed in the same manner.  It is very helpful for your surgeon to  review your prior surgical records to know the size and type of implant used. This may be obtained by contacting your prior surgeon's office or OR facility and request your prior surgical records.

Expectations: if the chin implant was small and removed within the first few years chances are likely that you will return a similar size and shape as before. If the implant was small, the chin soft tissue usually shrinks back down without  sagging.  Often, there is still some gain once the implant is removed due to the scarring and capsule (lining your body makes around the implant) that gives some benefit. On the other hand a large implant placed many years ago, and other factors such as being elderly, having osteoporosis and perhaps smoking that can cause loss of underlying bone due to  bony erosion from the pressure of the implant. In this case  use of a natural filler such your fat or at times a bone graft may recommended for different reasons. Your surgeon may request a  Panorex or lateral cephalometric x-ray to see if this is the case.  Temporary fillers can also be tried such as Jeuvederm, Sculptra, Voluma, Volbella, etc. 

Most important of all make sure you pick a plastic surgeon with great expertise in #chinaugmentation and #chinimplantremoval. 

See the below link on how best to choose your surgeon.

I hope that your outlook has improved since you posted your question. 15 hours after surgery is WAY too early to be considering the results. The swelling is so significant after the procedures you've undergone and the tight head and neck wrap can also distort your anatomy. If you're still concerned with the surgical results you should followup in your plastic surgeon's office and let them evaluate you and reassure you about the healing process.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS