I had a short, no wings silicone chin implant 8 weeks ago that is way too big, can I have a revision to go XS?

Implant is WAY too big, it gives witches chin effect. I had a weak chin & wanted a subtle improvement. The implant does not sit in line with my face & looks 'stuck on'. -If the doctor swaps it for xs, will it be free or discounted, or am I to pay all over again to get what I asked for in the first place? (It is causing an obvious deformity) What is the size difference between small & xs? Will it give visible difference in projection? Please help, I am really stressed and avoiding people

Silicone implant looks too big 8 weeks after surgery

It can take several months for the swelling to resolve after placement of a chin implant.  Since your chin implant was placed 8 weeks ago, it is very likely that the appearance of your chin will improve with more time.  While it would not be difficult to switch the implant to a smaller size, I would strongly encourage you to wait more time, as it is possible you will be satisfied with your current implant after more swelling goes down.  You would need to discuss with your surgeon any potential costs incurred with a revision procedure.  

San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Early chin implant looks too large

Often times there is a period of time that allows the chin implant to settle down.  If after a reasonable period of time your chin implant still doesn't look like you wanted, consider a chin revision surgery.  

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant too big

I can't answer any financial questions as that is between you and your doc.  I can tell you that if you are not satisfied with the implant, I would give it 6 weeks to see how it heals.  If it is still too big, a smaller one can be placed.  That is the power of implants, the ability to change them.

Joe Niamtu, III DMD
Cosmetic Facial Surgery
niamtu@niamtu.com

Joseph Niamtu, III, DMD
Richmond Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin implant

You may still have some swelling after only 8 weeks.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon since he/she knows the size/shape of your particalar implant.  Most surgeons will only charge for facility, implant and anesthesia and not surgeon's fee for revision.  But everyone is different.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Hello, and sorry to hear you are not satisfied with your result. You will still have some swelling after 8 weeks, and it can take up to 4-6 months before the final result is evident. Your surgeon will be able to answer any specific questions on the details of a revision procedure. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck. 

Paul S. Nassif, MD