Chin Implant Removal After 2 Weeks of Surgery?

i had a chin implant before and im so miserable with the rrsults i look like a witch!!!! and i want to remove it!!! i dont wanna wait 6 months and i think is the worst mistake i ever done in my life!! i see the pics before the surgery and i want my chin back!!! it was beautiful, does my chin come back to normal after remove it !!!!! im so worry!! and im 26

Chin implant removal

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Chin Implant removal information/and considerations: For the vast majority of chin implants, removal is straight  forward most commonly using the  same incision that was used to place it. The procedure is often done in the office with local anesthesia with or without some sedation, but also commonly done in the OR under IV sedation or general anesthesia per patient's and surgeon's preference.  Most implants are silicone and are not adherent so slip out readily. Medpor, also called PTFE, may have tissue ingrowth and can be a bit more involved but still can be removed in the same manner.  It is very helpful for your surgeon to  review your prior surgical records to know the size and type of implant used. This may be obtained by contacting your prior surgeon's office or OR facility and request your prior surgical records.

Expectations: if the chin implant was small and removed within the first few years chances are likely that you will return a similar size and shape as before. If the implant was small, the chin soft tissue usually shrinks back down without  sagging.  Often, there is still some gain once the implant is removed due to the scarring and capsule (lining your body makes around the implant) that gives some benefit. On the other hand a large implant placed many years ago, and other factors such as being elderly, having osteoporosis and perhaps smoking that can cause loss of underlying bone due to  bony erosion from the pressure of the implant. In this case  use of a natural filler such your fat or at times a bone graft may recommended for different reasons. Your surgeon may request a  Panorex or lateral cephalometric x-ray to see if this is the case.  Temporary fillers can also be tried such as Jeuvederm, Sculptra, Voluma, Volbella, etc. 

Most important of all make sure you pick a plastic surgeon with great expertise in #chinaugmentation and #chinimplantremoval. 

See the below link on how best to choose your surgeon.

Early removal of chin implant

If you are positive that you want your old appearance back, why not have the chin implant removed now? It would be a very easy procedure and your chin would go back to its orginal projection.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant removal

While it is possible to remove a chin implant two weeks after having it placed, you may want to wait.  There is still some swelling present in your chin at this point and the appearance of it could still change quite a bit.  It is not unusual for people to feel some remorse immediately after cosmetic surgery and this normally resolves as the area heals.  If you do decide to have it removed at some point, your chin should look as it did before the implant was placed.    

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon