Considering a Chin Implant? or Other Opinions?

I have an underdeveloped jaw. My bite was off due to the smaller lower jaw. What should i consider to make my chin/jaw more prominent? Also my cheeks look a bit fat / droopy.. Chin implant? neck lipo? cheek lift? feel a good amount of fat under my chin/neck area. Am a little overweight, could it be a factor too? 19 years old. thank you for your time.

Doctor Answers 4

Easiest Way to Change the Shape of the Chin

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

If you're not looking to spend years and thousands of dollars addressing the jaw and orthodontic contributing factors to your chin, there is always the quickest, easiest, cheapest option: a non-surgical chin augmentation. Unlike surgery, you'll be in and out in 15 minutes with no anesthesia, recovery, or pain. 

New York Dermatologic Surgeon

Considering a chin implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A retrusive chin is best treated with a silastic chin implant. These come in small, medium, large, and extra large. They are inserted through a submental incision underneath the chin and placed directly over the bone underneath the periosteum. Patients are unable to feel the implant itself since it feels like just normal bone. This can be done under just simple local anesthesia.  

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 157 reviews

Considering a Chin Implant

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

As Dr Placik has expertly stated and I agree. Thanks for posting the excellent photos. My thoughts are in a progression of options. Correct over bite, try a filler to chin, lipo jowls, allograft chin implant, sliding genioplasty. Best of luck from MIAMI Dr. Darryl J. Blinski, 305 598 0091

Options for smaller chin and overbite.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The first and foremost problem is to address your overibite. If you see and orthodontist they most likely will recommend braces. If you see an oral surgeon they will possibly advise surgery. In the former, you would see cometic improvement with injectables and/or an implant and/or jowl liposuction. In the latter, it could perhaps correct all with one procedure.

Otto Joseph Placik, MD
Chicago Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 86 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.