Chin implant too big? Causing jowls? (photo)

I had a chin implant almost three weeks ago And I dislike it more and more every day. My chin was VERY weak before and I had fullness in the lower portion of my face and jawline. I understood that the implant could change the shape of my face, however the implant looks too big to me. And it is maybe not CAUSING jowls, but it certainly makes them more pronounced than before. I took a picture to highlight my issue. I'm not sure what other photos would be needed. Thank you in advance!

Jowls, chin implant

it takes at least 6weeks for jowl swelling to go down. What kind of implant did you get? Does it go across the jawline or is it short? I would wait for a while before doing anything.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant swelling

You will still have a significant amount of swelling at 3 weeks after surgery. It will decrease and settle. Profile photos are usually helpful as well as pre operative photos. Try not to get too discouraged at this stage in the process. You should notify your surgeon of your concerns. Best of luck.

A. Joshua Zimm, MD

Jowls after chin implant

You are still early in the post operative period and have swelling in the chin and jowl area. This should improve over the next several weeks. Donald R. Nunn MD Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD