Am I a candidate for a chin implant at age 17, male? (photo)

Hi, I am a 17 yr old male and am wondering if I am a good candidate for a chin implant. My dentist said I have a class 1 bit so I dont think my teeth alignment is an issue. I think I have a very weak chin and feel that a chin implant may help my appearance. I doubt my parents would favour the idea of this but I would like to get it done before college. Is 17 too young to undergo this procedure?

Candidate for Chin Implant

It is necessary to get a proper examination done by a board accredited plastic surgeon. After observing your pictures you could be a candidate for chin augmentation. Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. Chin augmentation most often is used to restore balance to the face due to a weak chin (under-projecting in profile). This disproportion of facial structure—having a small chin—tends to make the nose look larger and results in a poor jaw/neckline. As it doesn’t support the neck skin, often it causes skin to hang down from the upper neck and can lead eventually to a “turkey waddle” deformity. Chin implants can also create a wider, stronger chin. They can also be used to lengthen the face slightly.

It is a very simple outpatient procedure typically done in the plastic surgeon’s office or in a surgery center. It is usually done under local anesthesia with oral sedation or intravenous sedation, but can be done under general anesthesia if requested.

It is very important to select a highly-skilled, board-certified plastic surgeon, such as one of our doctors, to aid you in selecting the implants and insertion methods that will give you the best possible result.

#chinaugmentation
#chinimplant

Is a chin implant ok at 17

At 17, you need parental consent.}
You are a good candidate for a chin implant.
You can have surgery without parental consent at 18.

Am I a candidate for a chin implant at age 17, male?

Yes, you are a candidate for a chin implant.  The purpose of the chin implant is for projection to the chin to balance the lower half of the face.

Chin implant candidate?

From your photo, you do appear to be a good candidate for chin augmentation, although you would need to be examined in person to be certain.  There are many different styles and sizes of chin implants that could be used and you could determine the best one for you at a consultation with your surgeon.

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant

At 17, you could have either sliding genioplasty or chin implant to enhance your profile. Sometimes with Cl Occlusion, there s still problems with jaw. 

Majid Jamali, DMD
New York Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon

Chin implant candidate

A chin implant is placed when there is a recessive chin present and poor projection of the mandible. The chin implants are composed of Silastic, are inserted under local anesthesia through a sub mental approach.