Chin is Extremely Crooked - Can This Be Repaired?

My chin is extremely crooked, smile is crooked I dont like to smile because of this, I have alot of jaw pain, I have had ortho to repair cross bite and jaw pain. I am 40 yrs old. My doctor told me my jaw must have been broken when I was young which effected my growth plate and caused one side to grow longer than the other. How can this be repaired? I know my ortho talked about having my jaw broken but would this repair this problem and fix my smile?

Doctor Answers 1

Jaw problems

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I think that you need to see an oral surgeon or a plastic surgeon that specializes in jaw surgery.  The orthodontist does not do this kind of work.

New York Plastic Surgeon
4.2 out of 5 stars 30 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.