I had Botox to my chin, now my upper lip doesn't move when I talk and people notice, what can I do?

Botox to Chin

Botox to your chin should not diffuse to the upper lip.  Please return to your physician for the proper evaluation since this side effect does not typically happen from the injection you are describing.

Botox to chin with upper lip imobility

Botox to your chin will not effect your upper lip. Go see the MD that injected your chin and see what else it could be. Is this the first time. We just saw a patient who had Botox to the upper lip and it swelled quickly. It turned out not to be Botox

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Chin Botox

Botox to your chin should not affect your upper lip at all since it does not diffuse that far. Unless you also had Botox to your upper lip,  there must be a different reason for what you notice.

Niels C. Krejci, MD
Boston Dermatologist

Botox to chin, now mouth doesn't move the same

Unfortunately, you just need to wait it out. Botox lasts about 3-4 months but around the mouth it seems to go away a bit faster because we use less units there. There isn't anything to make it go away faster because there is no counter product to Botox.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."