What is the estimated cost for the procedure? (photos)

I am 34, & would like to know the best route to take. Best pricing and minimal scarring procedure. I have three children with plans of having no more. I also had infection that caused scarring and blockage of ducts, will that affect anything? I currently wear 42dd/40ddd both of which I slide out the sides and bottom along with overflowing from the top. I just want lifted with some separation and perk. 5'2" 180lbs. (Goal 150) normal was 138-143.

#breastlift #plasticsurgery #mastopexy

Hello Jenny, thank you for your excellent question. I highly recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options and formulate a surgical plan that is tailored specifically to your health and needs. When setting up an in-person consult with a plastic surgeon look for someone who has at least one of these credentials: *Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery - the gold star symbol  *A member of the ASPS (American Society of Plastic Surgeons) - the circle symbol  *A member of the ASAPS (American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons) - the Queen Nefertiti symbol with a Triangle.  At our office here at CARE, we're very pleased to offer multiple financing options including CARE Credit and Alphaeon Credit. Plasticsurgery.org is also an excellent resource to view average pricing by geographic locale. I hope this information is helpful and I wish you all the best in your plastic surgery journey.

Feel free to contact our office, it would be our pleasure to answer your questions in person. My very best to you, Brian S. Coan, MD, FACS   CARE Plastic Surgery

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Dr Kayser

Thank you for your question. You would be a good candidate for a breast reduction procedure. The traditional approach uses an upside down T scar which is referred to as the anchor or wise pattern approach. This tends to leave the breast boxy in shape and also has a tendency to bottom out over time although the nipple areola complex tends to be better. Alternative methods such as the lollipop approaches tend to minimize scars but improves the contour and shape of the breast. Complications are potentially less but has weakness being the area around the areola. Please see the attached video for the details of these procedures actually performed in surgery to further understand their concepts. I would certainly consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in all types of breast surgery. I hope this helps and have a wonderful day. Dr. Kayser - Detroit

Melek Kayser, MD
Detroit Plastic Surgeon

What is the estimated cost for the breast lift procedure?

Thank you for the question and pictures. Based on your photographs, I think that you should have a very nice outcome with breast  lifting surgery. Ultimately careful selection of plastic surgeon, careful communication of your goals (in my practice I prefer the use of goal pictures, direct examination/communication in front of a full-length mirror, in bra sizers, and computer imaging) and skillful execution of the procedure will be critical.

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provide… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for the question and the photos. Your photo shows sagging or ptosis of the breast. I would suggest a full mastopexy using the anchor type incision. This will give you the best ability to lift and reshape the breasts. You might need some volume reduction as well. The picture shows some size asymmetry of the breasts. This would require the larger breast to be reduced very slightly to better match the size of the opposite breast. 

The surgery takes about 2 hours under full anesthesia. It is performed in an outpatient surgical center. In our center, the fee is 7k for a breast lift. This includes anesthesia, surgery center, doctor fees, and follow up visits. 

I would normally recommend patients taking 1 - 2 weeks off of work and about a month out of the gym.

You should have several consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in your area before proceeding. 

As always it is best to be healthy, no smoking, and if you have any health problems they are under the current management of your primary care physician.

Best to you

Bennett Yang, MD
Rockville Plastic Surgeon

A breast lift is your best option

Thank you for your question and photographs. A breast lift (mastopexy) is the best option for your to lift your breasts and improve symmetry.  If you have more children after the surgery, you will likely lose some of the benefit but not all of it.  If you want to be smaller, some of the breast tissue can be removed at the same time.  It would be best if you could lose some of the excess weight prior to surgery. Be sure to see an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon. 

James McMahan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you are a great candidate for a breast lift.  Cost varies based on geographic region and surgeon expertise.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.  The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Breast Lift

Hello, if you are happy with your breast size while you are wearing a non-padded bra, then the best operation is a standard anchor-incision breast lift.  As far as cost goes, you would need to see what surgeons in your area charge, as it varies by region across the country.  

Allen M. Doezie, MD

Breast lift

I think you would be a good candidate for the full breast lift.  The scars tend to very well for most patients and when fully healed are unobtrusive, though the beautiful shape remains.  You can use various scar products to help as well.  Our practice has had great results with Embrace.  See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to learn more.

Camille Cash, MD