Does this look normal? (photos)

My mon looks weird and my incision looks like a w. I am 8 weeks out and not very happy with the results.

Post abdominoplasty fullness

Hello Mochoa530-
A full abdominoplasty with musculofascial plication and associated liposuction as needed will usually be able to result in a nicely contoured and flatter abdomen. You do not say what operation you actually had and we can not see what your abdomen looked like preoperatively. If it was extremely large, your results may represent a significant improvement. Sometimes blood supply issues limit how much tissue can be removed. 
Other factors that can give more swelling in your abdomen than desired is normal postop swelling (lasting 3-6 months) or a seroma (serous fluid pooling under your tissues). Discuss these possibilities with your surgeon. If swelling and extra tissue persists after 6-9 months, more removal and liposuction may be needed.

Good luck.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

You're healing normally

but your results look like you could benefit from a revision.  When your surgeon takes the post-op photos, you should have a list of concerns you have and see what can be done for that.  Now if you were asking for a mini-tuck for whatever reasons you may have had, you have some responsibility for your outcome.  And without knowing what you started with, your outcome could certainly be considered good.  So best to keep your surgeon in the loop and allow your surgeon to provide you options from which you can choose.  Most of us have revision policies for such situations and ALL of my tummy tuck patients are told to anticipate a revision in pursuit of perfection.

Curtis Wong, MD

Not happy with results

You should have had a total abdominoplasty which would have removed all of your stretch marks; looks like you had a mini tummy tuck which would not have resulted in improvements you should have requested.

Arian Mowlavi, MD