Would I benefit from a mini tummy tuck? (Photo)

Looking into getting a mini tummy tuck after 4 pregnancies!

Tummy tuck

Based on your pictures, you can definitely benefit from a full tummy tuck to be able to remove all excess skin and tighten your abdominal muscles , please consult with a board certified PS, Best of luck!

Mini tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question and the photo. After four pregnancies you may require a bit more than a mini tummy tuck can offer. I would recommend a full tummy tuck with plication or tightening of the muscles. You appear to have loose skin both above and below the belly button. A full tummy tuck will address this better than a mini. The people that benefit from a mini tummy tuck are very few. Selection of the right procedure for the right person is something that only an experienced Plastic Surgeon can offer.Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area and don't be afraid to ask a lot of questions.I think you can expect a very nice result from a full tummy tuck!Best Wishes,

Dr Derby

Thank you for your question and the photos. I would prefer a full Tummy Tuck for you in this case because it will give you better results. Best of luck  

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Mini Tummy Tuck - Am I A Candidate?

Thank you for your question and photos. You appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck, not a mini. The abdominal skin excision and muscle tightening could give you an excellent contour as well as improve the tone of the anterior abdominal wall. Liposuction could be used to better define your flanks and hips at the time of tummy tuck surgery. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-person examination to discuss the specific details of the procedures. Ask to see before and after photos to get an idea of what can be achieved. Hope this helps!

Mini -Tummy Tuck vs Full Tummy Tuck

Hi.Thank you for your question.Mini surgery - mini results. Looking at your picture, I would recommend a full tummy tuck in order for you to have a complete flat tummy. If you just do a mini tummy tuck, it is not possible to fix the flaxity of your upper stomach area. If you want a full tummy tuck later on, it´s going to be very difficult for the surgeon to give you pleasing results. I would recommend to consult with your plastic surgeon.Best RegardsDr Marco Carmona MD

Tummy Tuck

Hi Babygilr04, Thank you for your pictures and question. Based on the pictures is seems as if you would be a good candidate for a Full Tummy Tuck. I suggest consulting with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Best of Luck!

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Mini vs Full Tummy Tuck after 4 Pregnancies?

Thanks for your question.  I rarely meet anyone who has had more than one pregnancy who would be best off choosing a mini TT over a full TT.  The fact is that tightening of the skin of your lower stomach only leaves a disparity between your upper and lower stomach that rarely looks good.  From your photos I'd encourage you to consider a full TT for the greatest likelihood of a satisfying result.  Please watch the video above for further details and explanation.
Best wishes. Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 
Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 
Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Tummy tuck

by looking at your picture I would recommend that you have a full tummy tuck to address all of the laxity and make your stomach completely flat. I would also address the widening of your muscles that most likely occurred during pregnancy. To do a mini tummy tuck you would not get the ideal result and be taking a short cut.

#MiniTummyTuck #TummyTuck - benefit from a mini tummy tuck?

Based on your photo it looks like you could benefit from a mini-tummy tuck - but you may benefit more from a full tummy tuck.
If you're fine with the way your abdomen looks from about the belly button up, and don't care if the muscles are tightened, then removing some of the excess on your lower abdomen could make you happy.  However, the incision is about the same length (for the two procedures) and much more can be done with the full.  Furthermore, after 4 pregnancies you are (in general) more likely to "need" a full than a mini.
But it all comes down to what you hope to achieve with the procedure(s).  The mini or moderate is a much less extensive procedure and has fewer side effects and risks than does the full - but it also accomplished much less.  Figuring out what's right for you is something you'll need to do in consultation with one or more board-certified plastic surgeons who can examine you in person.
I hope that this helps and good luck,
Dr. Alan EnglerMember of #RealSelf500

Mini vs full tummy tuck: how to decide which is best for you

When the skin laxity goes above the belly button, a mini tummy tuck will usually not give the desired results. There are several variations to consider but yours would most likely be the full tummy tuck.

Richard Baxter, MD